Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Chicken & Shallots Stir Fry

Options
We were in the mood for a quick chicken dinner on the wok so I flipped through the pages of The Breath of a Wok and found a Stir-Fried Chicken and Shallots recipe that we had most of the ingredients for.
Set up our 16" wok on the LBGE and tossed in the chicken thigh meat: Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Added the soy sauce, ground bean, minced garlic & ginger, and sugar mixture: Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Added cut up shallots: Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Added chicken broth and stir fried until the chicken was done & sauce just thickened: Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
We needed some veggies so a simple broccoli, garlic, & ginger stir fry fit the bill: Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Put it all together over some steamed rice: Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
We really enjoyed the meal and will be doing this again.
Thx for looking!
XL, Large, Small, Mini Eggs, Shirley Fabrication 24x36 Patio, Humphrey's Weekender, Karubecue C-60, MAK 1-Star General, Hasty Bake Gourmet, Santa Maria Grill, Webers: 14" WSM, 22.5" OTG, 22.5" Kettle Premium, WGA Charcoal, Summit S-620 NG

Bay Area, CA

Comments

• Richard Fl
    Richard Fl Posts: 8,297
    Options
    Luv them woks.  Great looking meal.  Next you need to consider a Tao.  Can be found in some oriental stores around $30. 
    http://www.greeneggers.com/index.php?option=com_simpleboard&func=view&id=1151884&catid=1
  • Solson005
    Solson005 Posts: 1,911
    Options
    Looks great! Now that it is getting warmer out I'll be using the wok more and more, This is now at the top of the list. thanks
    Large & Small BGE, CGW Two-Tier Swing Rack for BOTH EGGS, Spider for the Wok, eggCARTen & and Cedar Pergola my Eggs call home in Edmond, OK. 
  • Dyal_SC
    Dyal_SC Posts: 6,052
    Options
    Yessir!!  That looks amazing!  Nicely done!
  • R2Egg2Q
    R2Egg2Q Posts: 2,136
    edited February 2013
    Options
    Thanks for the kind words all!
    Luv them woks.  Great looking meal.  Next you need to consider a Tao.  Can be found in some oriental stores around $30. 
    http://www.greeneggers.com/index.php?option=com_simpleboard&func=view&id=1151884&catid=1

Ok @Richard Fl I've considered getting a Tao and this just happened to be for sale at The Wok Shop this morning when I went to pick up a 20" wok for use in my XL:
    Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos A little small for the new wok :)) : Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
    Seasoning underway for the 20" beast: Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
    XL, Large, Small, Mini Eggs, Shirley Fabrication 24x36 Patio, Humphrey's Weekender, Karubecue C-60, MAK 1-Star General, Hasty Bake Gourmet, Santa Maria Grill, Webers: 14" WSM, 22.5" OTG, 22.5" Kettle Premium, WGA Charcoal, Summit S-620 NG

Bay Area, CA
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    That looks great! Putting together a wok setup is next...

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • Richard Fl
    Options
    Nice find.  Mind my asking the price of the Tao?  I use a 14" with a wood handle on mine and I have great control with the handle and uses less charcoal than my small for the some meal.
  • R2Egg2Q
    R2Egg2Q Posts: 2,136
    Options
    $49.95 - not priced quite as low as yours but I've never seen these at the oriental grocery stores around here. Price was a little lower than those at that importfood site you had linked. I think you got a great deal on your cooker.

Bay Area, CA
  • Richard Fl
    edited February 2013
    Options
    Not sure where you live, but I am on the Space Coast about 50 miles east of Orlando, Fl and the place I got mine was an old Wally World converted to a fantastic Oriental grocery store.  Sounds like you live in the Bay area.  I lived on Jackson street in Pacific Heights in the late '60, could walk to Chinatown then. My favorite city in the USA.