Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

New small green egg w/ nest $200

2»

Comments

• If this is real, then they have to be stolen which means the authorities will most likely get involved
    ·
  • CrueznCruezn Posts: 317
    I'm currently in a fight with PayPal, trying to get my money back as a seller, and am less than satisfied to say the least. PayPal's buyer and seller protection clauses are junk.
    ·
  • I know this is old. But how did it turn out for y'all? I would have boight one with no hopes of ever seeing it. PayPal has always came through for me and its only 200$. (Not to throw away but a sweet deal and almost 90% chance of Having the money refunded if its scam)

Very curious as to how this went down

LBGE & SBGE (big momma and pat)
    ·
  • ChubbsChubbs Posts: 5,223
    I am in market for mini it small. Mini is a good fit for now but small in a few years. I can get a small for 500. I would buy 5 for 200!
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
    ·
  • @chubbs  Ha you it'd be quiet the steal!!! There are two threads about this particular sale and neither one of them show any results.....

You havnt bought a mini yet? sitll debating? I've got a small awaiting pickup, but am interested to see a mini in person.  I'm thinking the small now and later down the road add an XL when we have a permanent home and maybe a mini for taking on flying trips if the small wont fit in the air plane

·
  • LitLit Posts: 3,825
    No egg ever showed up PayPal refunded the money.
    ·
  • thanks @lit
    no surprise there but was worth a try in my book!

·
  • LitLit Posts: 3,825
    It was crazy eBay actually gave me the sellers number and I spoke to her several times. She maintained the story that they were on their way but no one ever got one.
    ·
  • MrCookingNurseMrCookingNurse Posts: 4,111
    edited February 2013
    that is pretty wild.... I've contacted a few people on some craigslist vehicle scams, its always the same story, someone died, have truck just want it gone, its in a crate wire the money and ill ship it 30 day money back guarantee.... ha yeah right!!

glad to know paypal did you right

·
  • that is pretty wild.... I've contacted a few people on some craigslist vehicle scams, its always the same story, someone died, have truck just want it gone, its in a crate wire the money and ill ship it 30 day money back guarantee.... ha yeah right!!

glad to know paypal did you right
    I see the same thing on Craigslist concerning 4 wheelers. The deal is always so tempting, but it is a scam.

Louisville, GA - 2 Large BGE's
    ·
  • calikingcaliking Posts: 6,941
    edited February 2013
    @chubbs  Ha you it'd be quiet the steal!!! There are two threads about this particular sale and neither one of them show any results.....

You havnt bought a mini yet? sitll debating? I've got a small awaiting pickup, but am interested to see a mini in person.  I'm thinking the small now and later down the road add an XL when we have a permanent home and maybe a mini for taking on flying trips if the small wont fit in the air plane
    This is why i love this forum - a constant source of inspiration. Am plotting to get a small to travel with, but your mini-on-the-plane idea has potential!

For my own edification, how do you plan to do this?. i think I saw somewhere that the mini weighs about 45lbs. I think the max weight for a single piece of checked luggage is 50lbs. Will you be taking it as a carryon? I would be worried about baggage handlers breaking a mini in checked luggage. I guess taking it as a carryon would make the most sense?

If this is feasible, then SWMBO won't be happy when she hears about what i want now...

[sorry - back on topic now].

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
    ·
  • ChubbsChubbs Posts: 5,223
    @MrCookingNurse, nope not yet. My dealer is giving me 20% whichever one I want. They only have old ones in right now and likely wont have new ones until April. Trying to decide what to do. A mini is really small in person, but think it would be great for wife and I right now. We have a 7 month old son so in a few years the small would be better. May just go ahead and get the small and then build a table for small and large
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
    ·
  • @caliking
    i guess i should have clarified, I ment when i fly my dad's plane, not commercial! I would die if I saw someone carrying the mini on a plane!!! I was gonna just strap it in the back seat. 

·
  • MrCookingNurseMrCookingNurse Posts: 4,111
    edited February 2013
    @chubbs

I made a table for my large and made it big enough and have everything set up for a small on the other side just have to cut the hole.  only problem is i dont think i will have the work space i want.  it all added up on the sketch.  might snag a small and a nest, nest would be nice when camping, or get a carten or make something else, still might place the small in the table with the large but not sure yet. 

we are a family of 3, baby is 1 year old as of last week and started eating egg'd food last month. I just cant see cooking on the mini when im home very much. Im strong enough and capable of traveling with my large so a small is what im set on.

·
  • tjvtjv Posts: 3,324
    this type of scam rolled through ebay last year about this time.....great price on the small but none never delivered........

t
    www.ceramicgrillstore.com ACGP, Inc.
    ·
  • calikingcaliking Posts: 6,941
    @MrCookingNurse: I see. You got my hopes up there for a minute. Glad I didn't try to be the guy who try to get on a commercial flight with a mini tucked under my arm - might have some explaining to do to the TSA :)

Re: your setup - what about just buying the nest and rolling it next to the table when needed? You will still have your work space as well as have a mobile egg for camping etc like you mentioned.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
    ·
  • @caliking
    Yea that's what I'm leaning towards is egg and nest. Or cut the hole and have a large tile to cover it when egg is out and have work surface

The rule of thumb for Cary on mini is great grandmaws ashes are in it and ya a burial urn. Right @mickey

·
  • jaydub58jaydub58 Posts: 1,613

It would be very interesting to hear how this works out.  Please stay in touch here on the forum.  I sure do wish every one good luck!

John in the Willamette Valley of Oregon
    ·