Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Turbo Ribs; Baby (Back)!

500 Posts: 3,177
1st time Turbo Ribs. Kroger was out of Spares, but just brought out a bunch of frozen cryovac Baby Backs. This rack was thawed enough, and looked unordinarily meaty. They were less fatty than normal, almost like mini bone in chops, if you know what I mean. So, 350* indirect for 1.5/.5/.5 with two chunks of hickory. During the .5 foil stage, I added a splash of apple juice. Rubbed with mustard and Dizzy Dust Course. Sauced during the last .5 with homemade BBQ sauce outside the foil. Pleasantly surprised on how they turned out, for a first go. A gentle tug with a bite through, then pulling clean off the bone. Not falling off the bone overdone. Enough chit chat; the pics. Pictures are 1) rubbed, 2) one the Egg, 3) one hour in, 4) finished with sauce, 5) plated.
I like my butt rubbed and my pork pulled.
Member since 2009

Comments