Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Hapster's meatloaf

So i had to try @Hapster meatloaf. There have been several meatloaf threads recently and it got me craving some. Pretty much stuck to the original hap-loaf except added 2 eggs and subtracted a little milk. I had more than a loaf pan but was out of banana bread pans so i "winged it". I made mini loafs. I think these would be a great winter treat. Bowl of mashed taters, mini loaf mashed into the center and smothered in gravy. Next time i will try some variations to take the minis full throttle. For some reason a had a heckuva time getting the egg going so i coaxed it with the Wagner.

I used my son's Rebel T3i for the pics. I've never posted from the swmbo mac before. I'll try to learn to post the pics in the thread.

Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
·

Comments

• henapplehenapple Posts: 14,585
    a better pic of the minis...
    ·
  • ChubbsChubbs Posts: 5,450
    Looks good Hen. I have done the mini meatloafs wrapped in bacon before. Good eats. Someone posted them on here a year ago or so. Thanks for reminder
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
    ·
  • YEMTreyYEMTrey Posts: 2,520
    Made the Hapster meatloaf while drinking a hipster beer.
    XL and a Mini Max Egg in Cincinnati, Ohio
    ·
  • This is my first time seeing the minis. That looks like a good idea to try someday. Thanks for the pics and nice work.
    XL owner in Wichita, KS
    ·
  • Dyal_SCDyal_SC Posts: 2,581
    I love a good smoked meatloaf.  I gotta do one this week.  Nice job, henapple!  Looks great.
    ·
  • Hamster has a meatloaf and hen looks like he nailed it.

You guys make me proud. The pebble has been snatched from the masters hand.

Love you guys. Mean it.
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
    ·
    YEMTrey said:

Made the Hapster meatloaf while drinking a hipster beer.

PBR....that's old school. I can remember my grandparents drinking one on the patio. As much as I like micro-brews I still enjoy a pbr.
    ·

Hamster has a meatloaf and hen looks like he nailed it.

You guys make me proud. The pebble has been snatched from the masters hand.

Love you guys. Mean it.

???
    ·
  • GriffinGriffin Posts: 6,980
    edited February 2013
    Looks good, Hen.

Richardson, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

·
  • Forgive me. I had been drinking heavily. It was a poor attempt at a complement.

Great post and great pics.
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
    ·
    I couldn't tell if it was a compliment or you were being a smartass. Either is fine. If I didn't post while drinking I'd have to stay off the forum after 3pm. No worries.
    @Griffin...thanks. Look forward to meeting y'all in Salado.
    ·
  • GriffinGriffin Posts: 6,980

Just had to share this.

Richardson, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

·
    That's me...
    27234972.jpg 56.9K
    ·
  • @henapple - like smoked meatloaf, good pics and cook. Could not find my BBQ only loaf pan last time so just put the loaf on the indirect grid directly, with a drip pan under it. Best one we've had. Lots of crust. I think next time will try the mini/personal size without a pan....
    Delta B.C. - Vee-Gan: old Indian word for poor hunter. 
    ·
  • ChubbsChubbs Posts: 5,450
    Hen, you saving some coinage for some eggsessories? PBR, huh? Last time I had PBR was in 2003. Tipped it up to get the last lumewarm backwash if a sip and felt something fall in my mouth. Spit it out. Looked like a raisin??? So gross I have not had any more
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
    ·
    Sam Adams is my go to beer. I can't drink miller or bud. We have a couple of local micro brews that are great but only draft. I like pbr though. I understand about the raisin...got food poison at subway 8 years ago and still can't eat there.
    ·
  • nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 14,891
    Rats are a more likely source of the raisin than dried grapes.  Got some subway once and it had a bloody bandage in it.  I remember seeing it on the guy's finger that made the sammich.  bleck.

·
  • shtgunal3shtgunal3 Posts: 2,902
    Damn Nola, that's gross!

LBGE,SBGE, and a mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

·
  • hapsterhapster Posts: 7,052
    Great looking meatloaf! Like the minis... what did you think of using the cheese nips?
    ·
  • EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 11,408
    Rats are a more likely source of the raisin than dried grapes.  Got some subway once and it had a bloody bandage in it.  I remember seeing it on the guy's finger that made the sammich.  bleck.
    I hope you enjoyed the extra iron that kind gentleman imparted on your sandwich.
    ·
    The nips were great. The loaf had a different texture. Usually ml looks coarse but this was really fused. When I first cut the loaf it appeared dry but was extremely moist, even days later. I like cooking it in the pan so it can lay in it's juices.

I once found a hair on an egg mcmuffin. I knew happy meals came with a toy...didn't know breakfast came with floss.
    ·
  • EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 11,408
    Funny how things change from child- to adulthood....
    ·
  • You guys make me proud. The pebble has been snatched from the masters hand.

@travisstrick - I'm impressed with the Master Po reference!  With the Egg, I still think of myself (and probably always will) as a grasshopper!

........................................................................................

Flint, Michigan.  Named the most dangerous city in America by the F.B.I. three years running.

We invented the U.A.W. and carjacking!

·
    thought of that...bacon wrapped grasshoppers.
    ·