Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Thanks wife

So I asked the wife to go out and get my maverick from the egg. And she came back with this. Sensor which was inside the egg missing. Just grabbed it and gave it a good yank. Time to buck up I guess
image.jpg 506.5K
·

Comments

• " get my maverick from the egg" --- thats what you told her --  and that's what she did!!
    ·
  • IrishDevlIrishDevl Posts: 1,390

" get my maverick from the egg" --- thats what you told her --  and that's what she did!!

True - she did do what she was asked. But I was looking for 100% of the maverick.
    ·
  • My probes come out of my egg before i remove the food.  The less heat they see, the better off!!
    ·
  • lousubcaplousubcap Posts: 6,442
    Obviously a training short-fall here:)  That said, I wouldn't trust SWMBO within arm's reach of the BGE.  We have an understanding...and I use it for all I can get :)>-
    Louisville
    ·
  • No one to blame but yourself, SWMBO should not touch the egg
    LBGE
    Go Dawgs! - Marietta, GA
    ·
  • No, no, no.  the correct response is "Don't worry about it dear, it's my fault that I wasn't clear about what I asked you to do."

Happy Wife; Happy Life.

:)
    Pasquali Luciano
    Buon appetito to all the BGE family
    XLBGE, LBGE, MBGE and lots of toys

·
  • No, no, no.  the correct response is "Don't worry about it dear, it's my fault that I wasn't clear about what I asked you to do."

Happy Wife; Happy Life.

And I'll order a replacement tomorrow....
    Delta B.C. - Vee-Gan: old Indian word for poor hunter. 
    ·
    Maybe time to upgrade.
    ·
  • 1) New Maverick
    2) New & Improved Training Procedures
    Louisville, GA - 2 Large BGE's
    ·
  • ChubbsChubbs Posts: 5,261
    edited February 2013
    No, no, no.  the correct response is "Don't worry about it dear, it's my fault that I wasn't clear about what I asked you to do."

Happy Wife; Happy Life.

I was joking. That plan would backfire when she just goes to buy another. Irish, what you upgrading to?
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
    ·
    Maybe the wireless ones with multiple probes.
    ·
  • bud812bud812 Posts: 1,424

Upgrade the SHMBO or the Maverick ????

:D

Not to get technical, but according to chemistry alcohol is a solution...

Large & Small BGE

Stockton Ca.

·
    bud812 said:

Upgrade the SHMBO or the Maverick ????

:D
    Very funny - well done. Maybe both. But the cheaper start would be a stoker perhaps - wife later on.
    ·
  • I've sat, reading this and laughing so hard that tears are rolling down my face. My youngest sad, dad, are you ok? =))
    Clanton, Al LBGE
    ·
  • MrCookingNurseMrCookingNurse Posts: 4,128
    edited February 2013
    Only thing to do is replace it with a digi q or stoker.

She must have gave it some kind of tug!

LBGE & SBGE (big momma and pat)
    ·
  • EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 11,297
    Are couple of years ago, I asked my wife to toss me my wireless computer mouse. She must have been watching baseball, because the next thing I knew, blood was pouring out of my mouth and my front tooth was chipped.

"I thought I said 'to me, not at me' " I whistled...

Sigh
    ·
  • henapplehenapple Posts: 14,425
    Chubbs said:

Ouch. Take some scissors to a purse strap. In my house two wrong make a right B-)

Chubbs said:

Ouch. Take some scissors to a purse strap. In my house two wrong make a right B-)

You must like sleeping on the couch.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
    ·

Only thing to do is replace it with a digi q or stoker.

She must have gave it some kind of tug!

That is exactly what I said to her and the reply - not at all.
    ·
  • lousubcaplousubcap Posts: 6,442

This thread-just a reminder about the "Venus and Mars" thing...It is very real!

Louisville
    ·
  • ChubbsChubbs Posts: 5,261
    henapple said:

Chubbs said:

Chubbs said:

You must like sleeping on the couch.
    Haha. I was joking. I would never do such a thing. I do like the couch though!
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
    ·