Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
National BBQ Month sure was tasty! We hope you got to try just as many new BBQ recipes as we did and some old favorites as well. If not, you can find all our BBQ recipes here and try them out all summer long. One of our favorites was Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise and Ted Reader’s Rum Injected Sweet Potatoes. As the weather’s heating up, use your EGG for a cool treat-Ice Cream Sandwiches! Keep an eye out for some Father’s Day recipes from chefs & their dads, coming soon!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Cow Lickin' Chili Time!

A pot of Cow Lickin' Chili with the usual ingredients and flavored with a little hickory wood! This batch is headed to the Sunshine State Eggfest next month!!

·

Comments

• MickeyMickey Posts: 16,277
    We got to get you to Texas and talk about the beans =))
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

·
  • WooHoo! I can't wait to try this!
    I'm Kristi ~ Live in FL ~ BGE since 2003.
    I write about food & travel on Necessary Indulgences -
    You can find me on Facebook & Instagram, too! 
    ·
  • egretegret Posts: 4,031
    WooHoo! I can't wait to try this!
    I snagged a little bowl for quality control purposes, and, it'll do!!
    ·
  • ZickZick Posts: 171
    I love this recipe! I over smoked it, sobe careful.
    When was the last time you did something for the first time? - Zick Boulder, CO
    ·
  • GriffinGriffin Posts: 6,803
    Nice lookin batch of bean stew. ;)

Richardson, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

·
  • egretegret Posts: 4,031
    edited February 2013
    Griffin said:
    Nice lookin batch of bean stew. ;)
    That would be "Throwdown winning" bean stew!!? :) :))
    And, where in Texas do you live??
    ;)
    ·
  • Solson005Solson005 Posts: 1,907
    I'll take that recipe as created anytime in Oklahoma :D It is one of my favorites that I have made.
    Large & Small BGE, CGW Two-Tier Swing Rack for BOTH EGGS, Spider for the Wok, eggCARTen & and Cedar Pergola my Eggs call home in Edmond, OK. 
    ·
  • Love the Cowlick Chilli, even with the beans. I cooked it with pecan and it was fantastic!
    LBGE
    Go Dawgs! - Marietta, GA
    ·
  • IrishDevlIrishDevl Posts: 1,390
    I made this for SuperBowl and it was the greatest. But I now with VI and no longer cook with beans. Just add more meat and sausage. Live it, take a bow egret - fantastic recipe.
    ·
  • pgprescottpgprescott Posts: 1,468
    Awesome. It's on my growing to do list. Thanks for the pic.
    ·
  • JRWhiteeJRWhitee Posts: 2,611
    edited February 2013
    Whats with you Texans and your bean problem? How do you stay regular...

Large BGE 2006, Mini Max 2014 
    Founding Member of the Green Man Group cooking team.
    Johns Creek, Georgia

·
  • GriffinGriffin Posts: 6,803

@egret - just givin ya a hard time. Someday I'm gonna try your chili (I'll eat it with beans), but have to do it when the wife's not around. she hates beans. Currently live in Dallas (Richardson to be specific) but grew up in Corpus Christi.

@JRWhitee - we eat our beans. Borracho beans (Drunken beans) or refried. They're also known as whistleberries by some. Sure you can guess why.

Richardson, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

·
  • joe@bgejoe@bge Posts: 394
    Cowlick chili is the best.  Started using Cowlick in my age old chili recipe...and I will never look back. 

·
  • six_eggsix_egg Posts: 603
    This will be a perfect lead in for me at the eggfest as to why I need a dutch oven. Thank you for the picture and hopefully a sample  :)

XLBGE, LBGE growing accessories.

Want: Ceramicgrillworks 2 tier large, Dutch oven, Cyber Q Wifi

Grenada, MS

·
  • I used this recipe for my local chili cook-off and took first place, hands down. There wasn't a drop left. It's the best!
    LBGE, Lawrenceville, GA
    ·