Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What Did Ya Get For Valentine's Day? OT

Fred19Flintstone
Fred19Flintstone Posts: 8,168
edited February 2013 in Off Topic

Wilma gets me a funny card and a mushy card for all occasions and I do the same for her.  She's famous for not reading labels closely while shopping and this time it bit her in the keester.  The mushy card she gave me, the first line is "From your husband..." .  I also got a box of Atkins friendly snack bars.

I gave her appropriate cards and some socks with hearts on them because the flowers looked like crap.

She works nights and we have a 4 year old so no love for Freddie 

Flint, Michigan

Comments

• Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Nada. Got a hall pass this year with Mrs. G being out of the country. Did get a card from my parents. Wait...I got myself a bottle of bourbon, does that count. Pretty lame V-Day for me.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• Wife got a mini-van, a nice card and I cooked dinner (not on the egg and nothing fancy).  I got to do the dishes (I also got a nice card).

Damascus, VA.  Friendliest town on the Appalachian Trail.

LBGE Aug 2012, SBGE Feb 2014

• Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929

I got a replacement Maverick ET 732. Plan to use it this weekend on something. Maybe some pulled pork so I have leftovers for weeknight meals.

Hope everyone had a good night. @Fred and @Griffin, dont feel bad. My wife was home, but went to bed at 9pm after a rough day at work. So, I sat up with the rest of our wine, the rest of the chocolate covered strawberries, and picked out the AR combo I want from CGS.

Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • Wife got a mini-van, a nice card and I cooked dinner (not on the egg and nothing fancy).  I got to do the dishes (I also got a nice card).

Hahahaha
    Huntsville, Al LBGE
  • nashbama
    nashbama Posts: 102
    My wife knows how much I love chocolate, so she made me a batch of milk chocolate brownie truffles with cinnamon. I was pretty happy.

Last year, I found one of those singing hamster things. It was pink, holding a heart, press it's paw and it dances, so I thought she might think it was cute. I'm a musician, but I never really listen to lyrics.

So of course, first thing she notices when she plays it is that the song is "Build Me Up Buttercup", which isn't the most romantic songs lyrically. One of the lines goes "I can't take any more, it's not you, you let me down again".

In other words, I got her a dancing pink hamster that sings a break up song for Valentine's Day. I'm just thankful she has a sense of humor.
  • boatbum
    boatbum Posts: 1,273

Got a gasser for the back of the boat - I know - non egg related.

Cookin in Texas
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    I received a card and some love-themed brews(Ommegang "Seduction" and Starr Hill "The Love")
  • SaltySam
    SaltySam Posts: 887
    I got new whiskey stones.  Too bad I gave up booze for Lent.

LBGE since June 2012

Omaha, NE

• SmokinDAWG82
    SmokinDAWG82 Posts: 1,705
    edited February 2013
    Got myself 2 bags of lump, a shaker of Raging River, and a handle of Tito's
    LBGE
    Go Dawgs! - Marietta, GA
  • shucker
    shucker Posts: 483
    We usually dont do anything for V-Day.  But this year, I sent flowers and took the wife out to dinner.  I got nothing - Which turned out to be the best gift of all.  With all the guilt my wife has been feeling, she has been treating me like a king!

Shucker
    Eastern North Carolina
    Go Pirates!

http://facebook.com/oldcolonysmokehouse

https://www.instagram.com/oldcolonysmokehouse/

L & MM BGE/Blackstone 36" Griddle/Pit Barrel Cooker/QDS/Shirley Fab 50" Patio/BQ Grills Hog Cooker/Stump's Classic/Weber 22" OTG

• rontho
    rontho Posts: 109
    nothing, didn't get sucked into these commercial holiday(?)s
  • double
    double Posts: 1,214

V Day is my B Day, so I get the treatment.

Oldest son and DIL visited with the wee one, brought a bottle of Old No. 7 and some great local BBQ rubs, daughter brought her two kids, six year old (going on 22) granddaughter and her four year old "I've got my BBQ shoes on" brother - always a treat. SWMBO picked me up a copy of Modernist Cuisine at Home, fantastic gift. Friend I've been helping with his kitchen gave me $600 in gift cards at the local meat shop, and another friend I've helped gave me $100 at Harbor Freight. Pork butt on the egg and family with some hugs and wonderful gifts - doesn't get much better. 
    Happy Birthday doesn't sound like it can get much better than that!
    Lynnwood WA
  • @double - Thanks!
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • @Skiddymarker - That sounds really great!  Happy Birthday!  $600 at the butcher shop is an egghead's dream! 

Flint, Michigan
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025

V Day is my B Day, so I get the treatment.

Oldest son and DIL visited with the wee one, brought a bottle of Old No. 7 and some great local BBQ rubs, daughter brought her two kids, six year old (going on 22) granddaughter and her four year old "I've got my BBQ shoes on" brother - always a treat. SWMBO picked me up a copy of Modernist Cuisine at Home, fantastic gift. Friend I've been helping with his kitchen gave me $600 in gift cards at the local meat shop, and another friend I've helped gave me $100 at Harbor Freight. Pork butt on the egg and family with some hugs and wonderful gifts - doesn't get much better. 
    That's nice skiddy....
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,629
    Happy B day Skiddy, nice score

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    edited February 2013
    @henapple and @shtgunal3, thanks. 

Daughter just sent these pics, my four year old "Got my BBQ shoes on" grandson, loves to help - mustard and rub for the pork butt. 
    My butterscotch pie, sorry it is gone, no pics of the cut. SWMBO makes a fantastic pie. 
    The "loot". My butcher said "guess you'll be eating high on the hog for awhile". I told him nope, we're going right for the prime rib. 
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • 3 tiered rack for my Large and the '07 Eggtoberfest Cookbook. when she asked me what I wanted, I just told her the BGE Cookbook, looks like I made out like a bandit.
    If you're feelin' puny and you don't know what to do
    Treat yourself to some meat eat some barbeque
    - Robert Earl Keen

L BGE
    Auburn, AL
  • Big soft pillows from the Sleep Number store
    :\">

XXL #82 out of the first 100, XLGE X 2, LBGE (gave this one to daughter 1.0) , MBGE (now in the hands of iloveagoodyoke daughter 2.0) and lots of toys

• BYS1981
    BYS1981 Posts: 2,533
    I didn't get anything but wife and I are going out tonight which will be fun. we finally found a babysitter aside from their grandma so we are pretty excited.