Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Grilled Kampachi and Shrimp

AltonAlton Posts: 442
First Friday in lent. Kampaci ,EVOO seasoned with salt and pepper. Grilled direct at 450. Finished with a squeezed Lemon. Shrimp was basted in teriyaki prior to grilling. Both were enjoyed with a Jordan 2008 Chardonnay . Quite pleased. Think next time will try some rosemary or thyme on the fish.
PROUD MEMBER OF THE WHO DAT NATION!!!!! Stuck in Dallas.......
image.jpg 847.7K
image.jpg 800.5K
image.jpg 752.2K
·

Comments

• henapplehenapple Posts: 14,596
    Looks good....
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
    ·
  • AltonAlton Posts: 442
    Thanks @henapple I was really nervous about grilling fish but it wasn't nearly as hard as I thought.
    ·
  • Looks delicious!  I don't think I've had Kampaci, is it similar to Cobia?
    I'm Kristi ~ Live in FL ~ BGE since 2003.
    I write about food & travel on Necessary Indulgences -
    You can find me on Facebook & Instagram, too! 
    ·
  • AltonAlton Posts: 442
    Not sure, never had Cobia that I know of. Kampachi is a mild white flesh high oil fish. Not as oily as sword fish. What I liked most is how it held together on the grill for a white fish. (I was actually able to flip it and grill both sides :D )
    ·