Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope you had a great Labor Day and are excited for the start of the NFL this week. If you’re not a sports fan, you can celebrate National Breakfast Month all September and National Cheese Pizza Day on September 5. We can’t wait to share some awesome fall recipes with you all! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

"Jalamango Lime Wings"...pix

Hope that title isn't too corny... lol...  I couldn't come up with a better name for them though.  I felt like doing something different, and not from a recipe book. 

Started by cutting up some chicken wings and giving them a dusting of Baking Powder and DP Tsunami Spin. 

Then placed those on the BGE indirectly at around a 385 deg f dome temp....

In the meantime, I whipped up an "after sauce"... it included some Hot Mango Chutney, Pineapple Juice, Diced Jalapenos, Ginger (I usually use fresh, but this worked conveniently for me tonight), the juice of one Lime and it's Zest, fresh Garlic, and Honey (which is not in the pic, but later added it for some sweetness). 

Once the wings were nice and crispy, I took them off the BGE and then tossed them around in the Sauce.

As you can see in the next pic, the wings got nice and crispy from the added Baking Powder.

Then time for the Sauce...

Served up with some Sweet Potato Fries with Sea Salt, Cracked Pepper and Parmesan Cheese.  These wings were delicious.  Probably some of the best we've ever had.  It had a nice sweetness from the Mango and Honey, a nice bite from the Ginger and Lime, and a nice kick from the Jalapenos.  Will definitely repeat these in the future.  They may even make it to an Eggfest sometime.  ;)

Cheers!  :)

2014 Co-Wing King

Comments