Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Are you happy it’s finally National BBQ Month? While we like to BBQ year round, May is our favorite because the whole country is celebrating delicious food. If you’re new to cooking BBQ on your EGG, check out our Smoking Basics Publication...if not, proceed to some of our favorite recipes! We love Dr. BBQ’s Coffee Rubbed Brisket, Famous Dave’s Sticky Ribs and Virginia Willis’ Pulled Pork. Pair with this cheesy favorite for a winning way to start off May!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

OT.., Different Cigar

hapsterhapster Posts: 6,694
Since I'll be unable to enjoy a stick and a beverage Fri or Sat nights; I'm enjoying one now.

Picked up a Drew Estates Java Mint box pressed tonight. So far; very tasty. Easy draw, nice chocolate notes and just a kiss if cool mint. The mint isn't overdone on this one... Combined with a few fingers of Double Oak; its like a Mint Julip with a little heat and flame.
·

Comments

• Sounds like it might be worth a try. I just picked up a Drew Estates Isla Del Sol, and I'll probably give that a try this weekend. Also got a couple of Drew Natural Dirt torpedo's....had one a while ago and thought it was pretty good.

Enjoy your smoke/drink!
    ·
  • henapplehenapple Posts: 14,083
    Try a Tatuaje Coronu with....alcohol.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
    ·
  • Sucked one of these down last night while cooking a meatloaf...both tasty.  Really like most of the Oliva cigars.

Packerland, Wisconsin

·
  • CGW1CGW1 Posts: 332
    I had an Opus X after dinner this evening...aged about 8 months in my humidor, very smooth
    Franco Ceramic Grillworks www.ceramicgrillworks.com
    ·
  • robnybbqrobnybbq Posts: 1,748
    Olivia O's are good.

I am waiting for some warmer weather to enjoy the sticks again.  Its just not worth standing outsie freeze smoking a cigar.

Garnerville, NY
    ·
  • AviatorAviator Posts: 1,519
    henapple said:
    Try a Tatuaje Coronu with....alcohol.

+100

Large and Small BGE, and a baby black Kub.

And all the toys to make me look like a Gizmo Chef.

>:)

Chattanooga, TN.

·
  • I like that cigar Hapster, especially in the morning and you're right about it being different, not going to be everyones cup of tea.

Mark

·