Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Blueberry BBQ Sauce

I saw this online.  Has anyone ever tried this?  I'm thinking about doing Ribs on Sunday.  I love experimenting with new sauces.  I love blueberries and I love pork with fruit.  I figured it can't go wrong

Any feedback will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

TarHeelBBQ

·

Comments

• No, but it sounds great!
    Flowery Branch, GA  LBGE
    ·
  • Doing ribs Saturday. Would like a link to the recipe. I too find blueberry infused foods enjoyable.
    Hood Stars, Wrist Crowns and Obsession Dobs!

·
  • Myron Mixon gave me a recipe for it and it is great.  Most recipes that use fruits for sweetening rather than sugar blends with the meat..
    ·
  • jrf316jrf316 Posts: 55
    BLUEBERRIES are Awsome
    Visca Barca
    Mes Que Un Club

·
  • Edina, MN

·
  • I have some frozen from last year I need to use, this may be the ticket!!!! Share the recipe!
    LBGE
    Go Dawgs! - Marietta, GA
    ·
  • I make a blueberry sauce for duck quite often

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
  • It was on the food network website. I am thinking about taking a base sauce and adding Blueberries and Balsamic vinegar to it. I am also doing turkey breasts to have for the week.
    ·
  • billyraybillyray Posts: 1,122

Here's a plum sauce we use on pork all the time, maybe you could substitute blueberries for the plums.

Ingredients

• 1 can 16 oz. purple plums, pitted and pureed
    • 2 Tbl. butter
    • 1 small onion diced
    • 1/3 cup brown sugar
    • ¼ cup chili sauce
    • 2 Tbl. soy sauce
    • 2 tsp. lemon juice
    • 1 tsp ground ginger

Directions

Saute onion in butter until clear, 4-5 minutes Mix pureed plums and all ingredients together, add to the onion and bring to a boil, simmer 25 to 30 minutes. It will thicken and become a beautiful red color

Felton, Ca. 2-LBGE, 1-Small and waiting on a mini
    ·