Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s that time of year again-time to hop on out to your backyard for an EGG hunt. If you’re lucky, you’ll only have to search as far as your patio! Planning on cooking Easter Sunday? Check out our Easter Menu. If you’re looking for a sweet treat to enjoy with the whole family, try at least one of our sweet treats, if not both: Grilled Peeps & Carrot Cupcakes. Lastly, if you’re having company, our Pinterest page has lots of ideas for entertaining. We hope you have an EGGstra tasty holiday!

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

BGE Table Top

I'm still kicking around ideas for my table build.  This is my latest idea for a table top.  Let me know if anybody has any experience with this and why it would not work for an egg table.
I got the idea from my other passion, beer, and a bar a buy built.  Site here: http://given2flybrewing.weebly.com/bar.html

I'm wanting to take bottle caps, beer labels, and the front of six pack holder and put them under an epoxy table top.  I think it would be an amazing, beautiful piece that combines beer and egging.

Would the heat from the egg cause any problems with this?  Would this be hard to clean?  Durable? 

I'm just kicking around thoughts right now, so blow this idea up with the obvious that I'm missing at the moment.
XL BGE and Mini Max in Cincinnati, Ohio
"REMEMBER DUANE ALLMAN"
·

Comments

• YEMTreyYEMTrey Posts: 2,096
    "REMEMBER DUANE ALLMAN"
    ·
  • EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 10,468
    It should work. There is a neat pub by my house that only does craft beer on tap. All their booths have this exact thing(bottle caps under plexiglass) and they hold up well since they've been open. Great conversation piece.

Here is a pic of the tables that I found on the interwebs:

·
  • tgklemantgkleman Posts: 202
    Make sure the epoxy has a UV stabilizer in it, or your table top will go yellow pretty quickly outdoors
    ·
  • YEMTreyYEMTrey Posts: 2,096
    Thanks for that bit of information. I'm liking this idea the more and more I think about it. It would be a very personalized table and unlike anything that I've seen thus far.
    "REMEMBER DUANE ALLMAN"
    ·