Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Who’s ready for football and tailgating? We are! Check out our tailgating page for recipes that are great to bring to a tailgate, or cook at home if you’re entertaining friends during a game. If you need an easy breakfast recipe, these Sticky Buns are the way to go. If you’re looking for a fan favorite with bacon, try these Double Pork Sliders. We can’t wait to kick off another fall full of tasty food!

Coming to Atlanta for EGGtoberfest? Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340 - NOTE we are CLOSED on Saturday OCT 10th for EGGtoberfest.

BGE Table Top

I'm still kicking around ideas for my table build.  This is my latest idea for a table top.  Let me know if anybody has any experience with this and why it would not work for an egg table.
I got the idea from my other passion, beer, and a bar a buy built.  Site here:

I'm wanting to take bottle caps, beer labels, and the front of six pack holder and put them under an epoxy table top.  I think it would be an amazing, beautiful piece that combines beer and egging.

Would the heat from the egg cause any problems with this?  Would this be hard to clean?  Durable? 

I'm just kicking around thoughts right now, so blow this idea up with the obvious that I'm missing at the moment.
XL and a Mini Max Egg in Cincinnati, Ohio

• YEMTreyYEMTrey Posts: 2,672
  • EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 11,735
    It should work. There is a neat pub by my house that only does craft beer on tap. All their booths have this exact thing(bottle caps under plexiglass) and they hold up well since they've been open. Great conversation piece.

Here is a pic of the tables that I found on the interwebs:

• tgklemantgkleman Posts: 208
    Make sure the epoxy has a UV stabilizer in it, or your table top will go yellow pretty quickly outdoors
  • YEMTreyYEMTrey Posts: 2,672
    Thanks for that bit of information. I'm liking this idea the more and more I think about it. It would be a very personalized table and unlike anything that I've seen thus far.