Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s that time of year again-time to hop on out to your backyard for an EGG hunt. If you’re lucky, you’ll only have to search as far as your patio! Planning on cooking Easter Sunday? Check out our Easter Menu. If you’re looking for a sweet treat to enjoy with the whole family, try at least one of our sweet treats, if not both: Grilled Peeps & Carrot Cupcakes. Lastly, if you’re having company, our Pinterest page has lots of ideas for entertaining. We hope you have an EGGstra tasty holiday!

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Any campgrounds near Salado?

For the folks who are attending/organizing the Salado Eggfest - are there are any campgrounds near or in Salado? My wife and I are planning on attending and wouldn't mind camping since the weather should be nice. We would plan to sleep in our little SUV, so we're not totally roughing it. Last time we went "car camping" was on the Big Island in Hawaii 5 years ago.

Do people camp at Salado or other Eggfests? Good/bad idea?

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
·

Comments

• There are a few. I know there are some rv campgrounds.

There are some public areas that I think you can camp on. Try looking up "gravel crossing". It has zero facilities but I fish there all the time and folks tent camp there.
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
    ·
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 16,048
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

·
  • RACRAC Posts: 1,314

We are bringing our RV. I know there is an RV campground close by. My wife made the reservations so I will ask her and let you know.

Ricky

Spring, TX

·
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 16,048
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

·
  • calikingcaliking Posts: 6,622
    Thanks everyone! 

I reserved a spot at the Union Grove campground by Still House Lake. Figured we could spend Sunday toodling around the lake or in Salado. There is a chance that I may have my travel egg (small) by then so maybe it will be the first roadtrip for it. Woohoo!

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
    ·