Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s that time of year again-time to hop on out to your backyard for an EGG hunt. If you’re lucky, you’ll only have to search as far as your patio! Planning on cooking Easter Sunday? Check out our Easter Menu. If you’re looking for a sweet treat to enjoy with the whole family, try at least one of our sweet treats, if not both: Grilled Peeps & Carrot Cupcakes. Lastly, if you’re having company, our Pinterest page has lots of ideas for entertaining. We hope you have an EGGstra tasty holiday!

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Rib Rack Smoked Bacon

Anyone tried using your rib rack to smoke bacon
·

Comments

• ChubbsChubbs Posts: 4,659
    Laid mine flat on the grate. Not sure what the benefit of the rack would be. I laid two slabs flat on the large grate. This covered most of the grate so it got hit by a ton of smoke.
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
    ·
  • epriceeprice Posts: 12

my problem is I have 4 slabs about 7 lb each

·
  • FockerFocker Posts: 1,650
    Rib rack would work perfect for a 4 slab cook as long as the bellies aren't too thick.
    Brandon
    Quad Cities

·
  • U_tardedU_tarded Posts: 1,249
    I did 4 5# slabs last time 2 lower and 2 on an extended grid. Only problem with the rib rack would be touching so you don't get total smoke immersion, and floppy slabs that may not stand on end. Here is how I do mine.

image.jpg 854.6K
    ·