Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Mini Chicken a la the Smoking Guitar Player & a Spatched Chickie on the Small (plenty o'pix)

I found these pix in the camera from a cook last month I did at my Mom's house.  I cooked two chickens that day.  One was standing in the mini a la the Smoking Guitar Player and the other was spatched in the small.  Both were cooked indirect.  The small was kept at 300 if I recall correctly and the mini was targeted for that as well.  I couldn't tell for sure about the mini's temp during the cook because I had to pull the thermometer to make the bird fit.  I started the spatchcock bird on the small 10 minutes after the bird in the mini.  The timing was still off because the spatchcock bird finished 20 minutes ahead of the standing bird in the mini.  The reason I figure that happened is the airflow was restricted in the mini.  In the end, both birds were juicy and delicious!

In the mini, removed charcoal grate and fire ring.  Foil spacers also installed (procedure developed by the Smoking Guitar Player).  I think this was my second cook on the mini.  I don't know.  That thing looks virginal clean!

Indirect setup with the grid on the foil spacers, pizza stone on the grid and some nuts on the pizza stone for spacers.

Chicken on!

Spatchcock bird on the small.  I think I ran out of rub.  It looks a little too little!

Spatched bird nearing completion?  Last pick of it.

Standing bird nearing completion.  Last pick of it.  SORRY!  No money shot!

Flint, Michigan

Comments