Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
April showers bring...National BBQ Month! Are you ready for a month full of briskets, pulled pork and chicken wings? We hope so, because it’s almost here! Keep an eye out for some of our favorite BBQ recipes we’ll be sharing with you throughout the month of May.

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Little Steven's little dolphin

Had a great day of deep sea fishing out of Montego bay last week with two of my sons. Oldest son caught a dolphin that was easily ten pounds bigger than this. We had two blue marlin knock offs but the boys saw the fish from the flybridge. Wasn't any way we could have grilled part of this bad boy but he faught the good fight.

IMG-20130204-00524.jpg

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·

Comments

• nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 13,666
    nice catch, mon!

·
  • Congrats on the fish -- now where are the cooked photos ? :x
    ·
  • That looks great.  One of my fondest memories is getting into the Dolphins in the seaweed, on light tackle, from the Gone Fishin' IV with Don Gurgiolo out of Islamorada when I was a high schooler.

A bull dolphin is good eating.
    Pasquali Luciano
    Buon appetito to all the BGE family
    XLBGE, LBGE, MBGE and lots of toys

·
  • Congrats on the fish -- now where are the cooked photos ? :x
    We were in an all-inclusive and it was a little rigid with respect to the food. A few years back we were in florida for the fest in Melbourne and we caught some stuff. Little Chef (Bubba Tim's wife)  did the dolphin with a light coating of mayo and it was incredible. Little Chef is a pro chef

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
  • gerhardkgerhardk Posts: 815
    Is that what is often called a Mahi Mahi?  If it is that is my favourite fish when we go to Florida.

Gerhard
    ·
  • Yes they added a couple of names because people thought catching dolphin was cruel. It's called Dorado, Mahi Mahi and Chrysurus. They feed on flying fish mainly and they are all muscle but great tasting and a ton of fun to catch.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
  • nice catch, mon!
    Ya mon! We were there for Marley's birthday too. The whole island shut down.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 16,142
    Nice catch man. Eating there are sending home?
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

·
  • shtgunal3shtgunal3 Posts: 2,902
    Awesome catch dude!

LBGE,SBGE, and a mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

·
  • My oldest son goes about 230 lb and solid muscle. He was completely tired out after fighting his. That puppy didn't run a whole lot but he didn't want to come to the boat. I was ready to quit on him.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
  • Looks like a lot of blow boats on that dock. Be careful, man.
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
    ·
  • Mickey said:
    Nice catch man. Eating there are sending home?
    Real hard to ship fish across the border man. The fish was only 18" long. Told ya I'm short :D

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
  • Looks like a lot of blow boats on that dock. Be careful, man.
    Man I didn't sleep there. Been a stinkpotter all my life but my dad was a saillor. Lotta grief there that can be solved with a couple hundred gallons of fuel

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
  • GriffinGriffin Posts: 6,768
    So from the pic and your handle, we can assume the fish was about 2.5feet? ;)

Richardson, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

·
  • 200 mm dude.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
    hahah....Steven, don't confuse the Yanks with millimeters. 

My mom is on a boat in the Gulf right now.  Unfortunately, it's the Carnival Triumph.  She might be in New Orleans tomorrow night, either way, I'll get some good first-hand info on the horrors of her trip.

·
  • GriffinGriffin Posts: 6,768
    being a chemist, i can understand mL, what's a mm? just messing with you. ;)

Richardson, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

·
  • Here in the States, the only thing in mm we know is a 9mm!

........................................................................................

Flint, Michigan.  Named the most dangerous city in America by the F.B.I. three years running.

We invented the U.A.W. and carjacking!

·
    what about 5.56 and 7.62mm?

·
  • what about 5.56 and 7.62mm?

These are a few of my favorite things. (You have to sing it)
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
    ·