Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Summer harvest is near

Options
Charbon
Charbon Posts: 222
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
squash2004001.jpg
<p />Wind through the jalo pino trees gets me to thinking of a tasty snack.

Comments

• guavawood
    guavawood Posts: 213
    Options
    Charbon,[p]What's that thing holding you dome thermometer out a little. I want to do this too because my thermometer hits the upper grid when I have 3 levels of grids in the Egg.[p]Thanks and Aloha![p]Greg
  • Howdy Greg,[p]I can't speak for Charbon, but it looks like a wine cork to me. Those work quite well as it has enough friction to stay in place if you want to back the thermo way out.[p]I use a piece of bamboo on mine, but only 'cuz my old backyard had a ton of it, and it looks cool in a "Feng Shui" kinda way on the egg. :)[p]bc

• Charbon,[p]Very nice shot indeed![p]bc

• Charbon
    Charbon Posts: 222
    Options
    guava wood, Drill a hole in wine cork. I have been much smarter of late and bring my thermometer in with the food and put a roof nail in hole. Thermometer doesn't get fogged. (Also I do the temp test on long cooks with a digital thermometer in same hole) Saves one from boiling water to find out if calibration needed.
  • guavawood
    guavawood Posts: 213
    Options
    bc,[p]Bamboo is good idea! I read it is actuall harder than maple too! At least that's what the bamboo flooring guys say...[p]
    I was thinking of doing my BGE cart out or bamboo too. Kind of a rickshaw look.[p]What do you think?[p]Aloha![p]Greg Kemp

• guava wood,[p]Now that would be *very* cool![p]Especially if it's just a little bit rickety looking, or kinda off kilter, but still totally stable and actualy level.[p]I had so much bamboo in the old place I wish I would have kept some when we moved. In the new place we have tons of alder so I can use it for smoke, but only ornamental bamboo in the garden.[p]bc