Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s almost football season, so we’re perfecting our favorite tailgating and homegating recipes! Whether you like hamburgers, wings, brats, ribs or something cooked with beer, we have everything you’ll need for the perfect tailgate party. We always like inviting friends to join our tailgates because the EGG is about community and having fun, so make sure if you’re inviting company you make extra - the food will be gone before you know it! Don't forget dessert, either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

For all you Bourbon drinkers

Comments

• TJ, I've got two bottles aging under the bar, but lately have been pouring Gentleman Jack and after the first one find it quite acceptable. 
    Delta B.C. - Vee-Gan: old Indian word for poor hunter. 
  • AviatorAviator Posts: 1,542
    .......and after the first one find it quite acceptable. 
    :) :)

Large and Small BGE, and a baby black Kub.

And all the toys to make me look like a Gizmo Chef.

>:)

Chattanooga, TN.

• I dont know which scenario is worse: 

That a company like MM has no one with a MBA on staff and thinks that this is a wise business decision 

or 

That a company like MM has MBAs on staff and still thinks that this is a wise business decision 

Barbecue may not be what brings world peace, but it has to be a good place to start -Anthony Bourdain 
  • LowflyerLowflyer Posts: 766
    Jack Daniel's did the same thing many years ago. Went from 90pf to 86pf and now is 80pf. They still sell a few bottles around the world...
  • JscottJscott Posts: 174
    I've never cared for MM, I think it's too harsh. For me it's Knob Creek all the way, all the time!
  • Richard FlRichard Fl Posts: 7,903
    Several years ago Kahlua went from 56-58? proof to 40 proof. The only way I noticed it was that I make my own. 58 proof, and sometimes buy some and there was a subtle difference in flavor. 
  • fishlessmanfishlessman Posts: 17,483
    i only use makers mark for cooking, wonder what it will do to the recipes
    :))  im in whiskey heaven right now, they started selling paddy whiskey in the nh liquor stores this week, havent had a bottle for nearly 20 years
  • gabrieggergabriegger Posts: 469
    edited February 2013
    Truth of the matter is this little bugger stopped drinking milk a bunch of years back and switched to the harder stuff. Rebel Yell, Wild Turkey, Maker's, Bullet all in my past. As it is all about percentages, I prefer the waters of Knob Creek now and am heading for Woodford's Reserve for a spell.
    santa.JPG 115.8K
    creeked.JPG 119.7K

the city above Toronto - Noodleville wtih 2 Large 1 Mini

• FWIW, I have been a MM Ambassador for several years and have not received this email.  Not saying it's not true, but not in my inbox yet and the item is from 2 days ago.  If I get it I will post here to confirm. 
    See der Rabbits, Iowa

:))  im in whiskey heaven right now, they started selling paddy whiskey in the nh liquor stores this week, havent had a bottle for nearly 20 years

Paddy is sum easy drinking juice right there. We just got a shipment in here in Ga.
  • Me and the wife just took a shot of Woodford Reserve Double Oak...my new favorite. WR regular was good but this is smooooth
    image.jpg 150.2K
  • lousubcaplousubcap Posts: 6,865
    +1 with Browninggold-the Double Oaked is quite the deal.
    Louisville   L & S BGEs 
  • travisstricktravisstrick Posts: 4,861
    edited February 2013
    Makers 46 is my current favorite. I tried some woodford for the first time (a whole gallon) and it did't quite blow my skirt up.
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • LitLit Posts: 4,098
    Lowflyer said:

Paddy is sum easy drinking juice right there. We just got a shipment in here in Ga.
    where in GA did you get it?
    edited February 2013
    Lit said:

Lowflyer said:

where in GA did you get it?
    Most larger stores carry it already. Green's, Tower, Bev Superstore, Roswell Bev. I would call 1st and ask. Ga Crown distributes it. Just ask your local store to order it. Where are you located?
    FYI: Paddy is an Irish Whisky, not a bourbon for those who don't know.
    Exit 13 off 400. Wonder if total wine carries it. I usually check different whiskeys and haven't seen it before in the several stores local. Might have to cruise down to Roswell.
    edited February 2013
    Exit 13, go down to POP's on 141. He's got it! It's a light easy drinking whisky, similar I think to Jameson.
    Thanks haven't been to pops in awhile. Usually go to Jax.
    Call JAX, I think they have it too. Only comes in .750ml Btl. We used to have some liters out in the market.
  • Makers 46 is my current favorite. I tried some woodford for the first time (a whole gallon) and it did't quite blow my skirt up.

I have had the 46. Pretty good. IMO
    Clanton, Al LBGE
  • Makers 46 is the $&@!
    PROUD MEMBER OF THE WHO DAT NATION!
    @lowflyer and @lit, you can ask Michael at Cumming Beverage Mart on Hwy 20 - across from Publix. He'll pick it up and carry it for you.
    I believe Michael already has it as well. We have pretty good dist on it in the bigger stores.
    where are you located @lowflyer and Lit?
  • Makers 46 is my current favorite. I tried some woodford for the first time (a whole gallon) and it did't quite blow my skirt up.

Try the Double Oaked
    I'm near Woodstock/Roswell area. Cherokee/Cobb line.
    cool, I'm in Windermere.
  • fishlessmanfishlessman Posts: 17,483
    Lit said:
    Exit 13 off 400. Wonder if total wine carries it. I usually check different whiskeys and haven't seen it before in the several stores local. Might have to cruise down to Roswell.
    when you see it, dont let the cheap label scare you off, its a very mild smooth tasting whiskey, even a little more mild than jameson its its less money, 20 dollars a fifth here
    I am right on the alpharetta/cumming line. Right off exit 13 on 400. Thanks fishless gonna go check a couple stores at lunch.
  • GriffinGriffin Posts: 7,069
    Has anybody tried the Jim Beam Devil's Cut? Wondering if its any good or just a marketing ploy....

Richardson, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings