Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Spiral dogs

How do you spiral a hot dog ?
·

Comments

• ChubbsChubbs Posts: 5,462
    Never heard or seen this. Interesting. Kids probably love it
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
    ·
  • I remember making hot dog octopi for my kids but never seen the spiral
    LBGE
    Go Dawgs! - Marietta, GA
    ·
  • jgduscjgdusc Posts: 22
    Gonna try that one!  Any reason a wooden skewer would not work?
    2 LBGE, 1 SBGE, Stoker Wifi, White Thermapen, Igrill---Gilbert SC
    ·
  • GriffinGriffin Posts: 6,985

I use a wooden skewer. Stick it through the middle and it will prevent you from cutting through the dog. I find that spiral dogs get more char to them and hold your toppings in the bun better, 'specially chili!

Richardson, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

·
  • SmokeyPittSmokeyPitt Posts: 6,892
    Another vid...

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

·
  • My kids love spiral dogs.  they tell me they can get more ketchup on them.  and yes, the wooden skewers seem to work best.  K
    ·
  • ratcheerratcheer Posts: 189
    My kids love spiral dogs.  they tell me they can get more ketchup on them.  and yes, the wooden skewers seem to work best.  K
    Kids. French fries, hot dogs, etc just serve as vehicles to transport ketchup into their mouths.
    :)

Tim
    ·
  • dweebs0rdweebs0r Posts: 507
    I use a wooden skewer as well.  Dont make too many spirals or the dog will fall apart when it sticks to the grill.

-Jody Newell (LBGE & a mini BGE!)
    ·
  • solasola Posts: 118
    Made them tonight. My boys are in love!!!
    ·