Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Hi everyone! Just got new LBGE!

Hi everyone!  Just got my new big green egg and can't wait to start learning all about it!  Look forward to talking with everyone!  Hope I don't have too many questions!

Comments

• rtt121
    rtt121 Posts: 653
    Congrats.  Google search is your friend.  Eggheadforum search is not.

Welcome.
    Medium, and XL eggs in Galloway NJ.  Just outside of Atlantic City.  
  • Welcome!  Make yourself at home.
    Flint, Michigan
  • Welcome to the obsession. Ask all the questions you want. That's what the forum is for. Take lots of pics of your food and post them. Looking forward to seeing your creations on the egg. Spend some time learning to control the temps. There is a learning curve, but once you get the hang of it, you'll be on your way.
    Mark Annville, PA
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,727
    edited February 2013
    Welcome! I just joined about a month or so ago, and folks have been very helpful here. 

Remember the cardinal rule - no pics= didn't happen.

Just kidding :)

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • BENTE
    BENTE Posts: 8,337
    congrats!! i am glad to hear you got your first egg!! remember when cooking on the egg that "if it all were great it would all be adverage" you will love your new addition... where you from?

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• Make yourself at home, you have questions we have opinions, sometimes even answers

LBGE
    Go Dawgs! - Marietta, GA
  • sola
    sola Posts: 118
    Congrats, enjoy & welcome
  • RAC
    RAC Posts: 1,688
    Welcome!

Ricky

Boerne, TX

• JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    Welcome @cdees_1993 your life will never be the same. A year from now you will be a critic at most restaurants.... ;)

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,669
    So glad to have you. Welcome to our little world. Where are you located?
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• canegger
    canegger Posts: 540
    Congrats on the new egg. You are going to love it
  • Just joined here myself. Had the LBGE for a few months now. Just starting to become addicted.
    Huntsville, Al LBGE
  • From Evans GA Bente!  I can't wait to get set up and have my first cook.  Hopefully this weekend!

• I just got my large a little over a month ago. I am addicted! 

Louisville, GA - 2 Large BGE's
  • Welcome welcome, glad you made the big jump.  Read and ask alot of questions.  They use a different language on here sometimes so do what I do and ask what does such and such mean.  That way your not in the dark. 
  • Welcome. Ask lots and please, share lots, as my dear old Dad always said, there are no stupid questions, only stupid answers. 
    oLots of info here, as as you will find, lots of ways to do the same thing.
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
    500 Posts: 3,177
    Welcome all the newbies. Soon you will learn what FTC, SWMBO, Lump, Raised Rig, Indirect, Turbo, Butt, Thermapen, and Spatchcock mean. I'm 500, I'm an Egghead, and my clothes smell like smoke.
    I like my butt rubbed and my pork pulled.
    Member since 2009
  • jbates67
    jbates67 Posts: 168
    Welcome....Lot's of great information here.
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,669
    edited February 2013
    Welcome. Ask lots and please, share lots, as my dear old Dad always said, there are no stupid questions, only stupid answers. 
    oLots of info here, as as you will find, lots of ways to do the same thing.

When was your Dad on the forum =)) He is sure right on the answers.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Congrats and welcome
    XL owner in Wichita, KS
  • hapster
    hapster Posts: 7,503
    Congrats!!! Welcome to the club... The entry fee is cheap compared to the ongoing dues ;)

1 Egg... Get's you in

And here is just some of the stuff that you'll eventually wonder how you ever egged without it...

Spider
    Swing Rack
    Adjustable Rig
    Thermapen
    Maverick
    DigiQue
    Woodford Reserve
    Cigars
    Weed Burners, Looftlighter
    Dizzy Pig
    Food processors, mixers, slicers
    Sous Vide
    Another Egg...
    Music system (i.e. Bose dock)
    Table, nest
    A new deck (I did this)
    A decent camera, lenses, etc.

The list is almost endless. Good thing the warranty on the egg is too... It will be around long enough to drain just about every spare dollar you are willing to part with; while at the same time providing your family and friends great food and even better memories.

Enjoy in good health!

H

• R2Egg2Q
    R2Egg2Q Posts: 2,136
    Congrats on the LBGE and welcome aboard!
    XL, Large, Small, Mini Eggs, Shirley Fabrication 24x36 Patio, Humphrey's Weekender, Karubecue C-60, MAK 1-Star General, Hasty Bake Gourmet, Santa Maria Grill, Webers: 14" WSM, 22.5" OTG, 22.5" Kettle Premium, WGA Charcoal, Summit S-620 NG

Bay Area, CA
  • cdees_1993 I am only 50 miles south of you!

Louisville, GA - 2 Large BGE's
  • Welcome aboard. Get ready for a great time. Remember pictures are a good thing ;)
    Large, small, and a mini
  • Run...............run like hell!    

Just kidding.  I'm new here too, but I can attest that this is a very nice board.  Welcome, welcome!
    Flowery Branch, GA  LBGE
  • Welcome to the cult. Some kind of T-Shirt, Apron and gloves mandatory. Hat and secret decoder ring optional. Be patient and start with burgers or something easy. 
    1 Large BGE, 1 Mini BGE, 1 Minimax BGE, Original wife and 3 dogs living in the heart of BBQ country in Round Rock Texas. 

"The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it."

Albert Einstein
  • Congrats.  I got mine as a wedding gift and I want to cook on it all the time.  So far I've cooked; whole chicken, chicken quarters, pizza, ribs, and pork tenderloin.  I'm wanting to try the turbo ribs soon as ribs are our favorite and I don't always have the time to do a slow smoke on them.  
  • U_tarded
    U_tarded Posts: 2,042
    welcome aboard!  remember to eat before you get on and hide your wallet.

• Solson005
    Solson005 Posts: 1,911
    Welcome to the obsession!

We like pictures.. 

and give multiple answers for any questions you have. 

But it is all in good fun and the food turns out great (most of the time) 

You found a great resource to finding out recipes, techniques, and interesting things you can do with the Big Green Egg! 

Large & Small BGE, CGW Two-Tier Swing Rack for BOTH EGGS, Spider for the Wok, eggCARTen & and Cedar Pergola my Eggs call home in Edmond, OK. 
  • Welcome aboard.  This is a great gruop of helpful people.  You'll need to save a little money to go get bigger pants shortly.

Damascus, VA.  Friendliest town on the Appalachian Trail.

LBGE Aug 2012, SBGE Feb 2014