Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Who’s ready for football and tailgating? We are! Check out our tailgating page for recipes that are great to bring to a tailgate, or cook at home if you’re entertaining friends during a game. If you need an easy breakfast recipe, these Sticky Buns are the way to go. If you’re looking for a fan favorite with bacon, try these Double Pork Sliders. We can’t wait to kick off another fall full of tasty food!

Coming to Atlanta for EGGtoberfest? Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340 - NOTE we are CLOSED on Saturday OCT 10th for EGGtoberfest.

Meatloaf ... Thanks @hapster

Greeno55Greeno55 Posts: 621
edited February 2013 in EggHead Forum
Saw Hap's post this morning and immediately knew what I was having for dinner.  Have been wanting to fire up my meat grinder attachment to my Kitchen Aid.

Picked up a 2.5lbs of chuck, then cut into chunks and ran them through my grinder a couple times.  blanched some bacon with onions and green peppers and used saltines and flavored bread crumbs as @hapster suggested.  Where I changed, was the suggestion some mentioned about reducing the amount of milk and adding an egg.  After forming, topped it off with my favorite steak spice and put on a 400* egg with some hickory.  Have to say it was by far the best meatloaf I've ever had.  The crust was so good with a nice smoke ring.  Next time I think I would add a little bit of seasoning to the mix and use hickory chunks.  All I had was chips.
LBGE (2012), MiniMax (2014), and too many Eggcessories to list.  - Sudbury, Ontario