Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Here are some of our new favorite non-beef burgers: Italian Turkey Burger, Grilled Tuna Burger and Goat Cheese Portobello Burger. You’ll want to perfect these before football season starts up in a few weeks! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Meatloaf ... Thanks @hapster

Greeno55Greeno55 Posts: 347
edited February 2013 in EggHead Forum
Saw Hap's post this morning and immediately knew what I was having for dinner.  Have been wanting to fire up my meat grinder attachment to my Kitchen Aid.

Picked up a 2.5lbs of chuck, then cut into chunks and ran them through my grinder a couple times.  blanched some bacon with onions and green peppers and used saltines and flavored bread crumbs as @hapster suggested.  Where I changed, was the suggestion some mentioned about reducing the amount of milk and adding an egg.  After forming, topped it off with my favorite steak spice and put on a 400* egg with some hickory.  Have to say it was by far the best meatloaf I've ever had.  The crust was so good with a nice smoke ring.  Next time I think I would add a little bit of seasoning to the mix and use hickory chunks.  All I had was chips.
LBGE + others I hope - Sudbury, Ontario

Comments