Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Try #3 - Weekend Cooks

SmokinDAWG82SmokinDAWG82 Posts: 1,704
edited February 2013 in EggHead Forum

Went with 2 cooks this weekend that had looked good from the forum, first I did @Dyal’s Calzones.

Did high in dome at a dome of 500° for about 10 minutes. One was Ricotta, mozzarella, spinach, mushrooms, artichoke hearts, and cherry tomatoes. Mine was Italian sausage, mushrooms, and onions with ricotta and mozzarella and a little parm.Egg wash for color, didn’t use any sauce and  they were eggcellent

Then I did the bacon wrapped mushrooms from @bigguy136

These were both Eggcelent and will be repeated

LBGE
Go Dawgs! - Marietta, GA
·

Comments

• BENTEBENTE Posts: 8,337
    edited February 2013
    wow that sounds like a great weekend!! but you do know if you didn't take pictures it didn't happen :D  lol  just kidding!!

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

·
  • @Bente, I got pictures, you cant see them?

LBGE
    Go Dawgs! - Marietta, GA
    ·
  • Greeno55Greeno55 Posts: 617
    edited February 2013
    I've made @Dyal_SC's calzones a couple times as well. Doesn't the addition of the ricotta make them fantastic?
    LBGE (2012), MiniMax (2014), and too many Eggcessories to list.  - Sudbury, Ontario
    ·
  • BENTEBENTE Posts: 8,337
    edited February 2013

@SmokinDAWG82 oopsie sorry they were not up when i clicked on the thread the first time. i guess you either edited it and i was too quick on the trigger. or my computer pooped on me. either way i am glad i got to look at the photos. cuase those shrooms are making me hungry!! (had pizza last night and it is about the same as a calazone) ;)

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

·
  • Everything looks great! 
    Louisville, GA - 2 Large BGE's
    ·
  • calikingcaliking Posts: 7,063
    Both items look good!

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
    ·