Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Try #3 - Weekend Cooks

SmokinDAWG82
SmokinDAWG82 Posts: 1,705
edited February 2013 in EggHead Forum

Went with 2 cooks this weekend that had looked good from the forum, first I did @Dyal’s Calzones.

Did high in dome at a dome of 500° for about 10 minutes. One was Ricotta, mozzarella, spinach, mushrooms, artichoke hearts, and cherry tomatoes. Mine was Italian sausage, mushrooms, and onions with ricotta and mozzarella and a little parm.Egg wash for color, didn’t use any sauce and  they were eggcellent

Then I did the bacon wrapped mushrooms from @bigguy136

These were both Eggcelent and will be repeated

LBGE
Go Dawgs! - Marietta, GA

Comments

• BENTE
    BENTE Posts: 8,337
    edited February 2013
    wow that sounds like a great weekend!! but you do know if you didn't take pictures it didn't happen :D  lol  just kidding!!

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• @Bente, I got pictures, you cant see them?

LBGE
    Go Dawgs! - Marietta, GA
  • Greeno55
    Greeno55 Posts: 635
    edited February 2013
    I've made @Dyal_SC's calzones a couple times as well. Doesn't the addition of the ricotta make them fantastic?
    LBGE (2012), MiniMax (2014), and too many Eggcessories to list.  - Sudbury, Ontario
  • BENTE
    BENTE Posts: 8,337
    edited February 2013

SmokinDAWG82 oopsie sorry they were not up when i clicked on the thread the first time. i guess you either edited it and i was too quick on the trigger. or my computer pooped on me. either way i am glad i got to look at the photos. cuase those shrooms are making me hungry!! (had pizza last night and it is about the same as a calazone) ;)

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• Everything looks great! 

Louisville, GA - 2 Large BGE's
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,727
    Both items look good!

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.