Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope you all got to celebrate those tasty food holidays last week, we sure enjoyed them! We are even more excited about the beginning of fall, for so many reasons, but mainly for experiencing the cool, crisp air while being outside cooking up the best recipes the season has to offer. We especially love these Beer Pork Tenderloin and Ground Beef Acorn Squash recipes! Fall is upon us, and it's a great time for getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

to any hot dog lovers

I know I will probably get flamed. But that is ok. My wife loves hot dogs. So tonight we did a couple of different appys. Did ABT's with cream cheese and chorizo. The meat we fried up till the meat was brown and then mixed it in with the cream cheese. Instead of wrapping the bacon around I just laid it on top, due to not having enough bacon. Did these at 400 indirect. It didn't take long. There was a couple of chunks of apple wood in the lump. Just before the ABT's were done, I put 3 dogs on the egg. They were in a pan, wrapped with bacon and the some brown sugar added. We were eating the ABT's and the dogs were grilling away. Just about finished the ABT's and the dogs were ready. Didn't use any buns, just ate the dogs the way they were. The brown sugar really made a nice caramelized flavour. Sorry no pics. But it did taste good and I kept SWMBO happy. 
Cheers.

Comments