Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s that time of year again-time to hop on out to your backyard for an EGG hunt. If you’re lucky, you’ll only have to search as far as your patio! Planning on cooking Easter Sunday? Check out our Easter Menu. If you’re looking for a sweet treat to enjoy with the whole family, try at least one of our sweet treats, if not both: Grilled Peeps & Carrot Cupcakes. Lastly, if you’re having company, our Pinterest page has lots of ideas for entertaining. We hope you have an EGGstra tasty holiday!

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

My wife wants me to grill calf's liver on the BGE. Tips please?

gfavorgfavor Posts: 61
My wife wants me to grill calf's liver on the BGE. Tips/ideas/recipes please?
·

Comments

• Veal liver is amazing grilled. Specially if it is white veal. I use olive oil, balsamic, garlic and herbs. If you are not a fan of liver you can soak it in milk for a few hours and dry before the rub. Grill it at about 450* or so til medium rare 135* at the most. Don't grill small pieces cause they will shrink and fall through the grate.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
  • gfavorgfavor Posts: 61
    LOL, pretty attached.
    ·
  • JRWhiteeJRWhitee Posts: 2,567
    How attached are you to her?
    Now that is funny. LOL

Large BGE 2006, Mini Max 2014 
    Founding Member of the Green Man Group cooking team.
    Johns Creek, Georgia

·
  • ChubbsChubbs Posts: 4,660
    If I lived 1009 years, my wife would never ask me to make that. Can't wait to follow this one.
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
    ·
  • How secure are you in your marriage? I'd be telling mine NO WAY IN HELL, if I had a wife that is ... Of course I've 2 wives but ... Well, on second thought, skip that no way in helll comment! =))
    ·
  • @gfavor. Not sure if you realize or not, but cooking that on the egg with void your warranty. :))
    ·
  • ChubbsChubbs Posts: 4,660

@gfavor. Not sure if you realize or not, but cooking that on the egg with void your warranty. :))

=))
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
    ·
  • Caramelized onions is your answer!
    Men, easier fed than understood!!
    ·
  • shtgunal3shtgunal3 Posts: 2,902
    I'm with CeramicChef... NO WAY IN HELL! .., and I'm still on wife #1.

LBGE,SBGE, and a mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

·
  • Direct, 475 for about an hour.
    Hood Stars, Wrist Crowns and Obsession Dobs!

·
  • SteveWPBFLSteveWPBFL Posts: 1,271
    Prairie salmon!. Couple the suggestion to cook it medium rare or maybe around 140F with treating it like a fish filet and throwing it on a plank for support and to be (raised) indirect. Something around 300F dome temp. Add a skewer or two of onions with whatever rub and you just might have it!
    ·
  • gfavorgfavor Posts: 61
    You guys crack me up, this is great !!! Keep responding, I can't wait to share it with her, she'll get a kick out it and maybe get me of the hook in grilling liver. 
    ·
  • RACRAC Posts: 1,314
    Great time to hit her up for another Egg. You need one dedicated for the liver!

Ricky

Spring, TX

·
  • paqmanpaqman Posts: 1,463
    @gfavor How did it turn out?