Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Maverick ET-732

Not sure if this is a good price or not but I was going to order one anyway. Amazon has the Maverick ET-732 for $59.99 with free super slow... errr... super saver shipping.

Every time my elbow bends my mouth flies open.
·

Comments

• SmokeyPittSmokeyPitt Posts: 6,882
    That's pretty much the standard price.  There was a $15 off coupon a week or two ago, but I don't think it is good any longer. 

If you haven't done this already, you can sign up for a trial for Prime and get free 2nd day shipping.  

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

·
  • EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 11,408
    edited February 2013
    That seems to be the standard price on Amazon. They recently had a discount code for it(25% off) so I would keep an eye out for those. I saw it at Williams-Sonoma outlet for $49.99, which I don't know if it would be carried this time of year.
    ·
  • XLBalcoXLBalco Posts: 575
    edited February 2013

i have 2 of these from BBB... 39.99. get a coupon in the mail for their discount and save more..

had these for years and they work awesome- wireless as well.  it is a maverick product i believe.. i continually test them  and the temp is still spot on years later.

http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/product.asp?SKU=12123876

·
  • robnybbqrobnybbq Posts: 1,796
    Order spare probes if you can.  I can not find them anywhere locally.  I ended up buying a whole new Maverick.

Garnerville, NY
    ·
  • henapplehenapple Posts: 14,585
    robnybbq said:

Order spare probes if you can.  I can not find them anywhere locally.  I ended up buying a whole new Maverick.

Listen to him...they will fail.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
    ·
  • @ XLBalco...I have one of those as well...it has always worked great for me. When I fried my probe a while back I bought 4 probes for $10.00 per probe and now when I do 4 butts I just stick a probe in each butt and then just plug the unit to the probe I want to know the temp of.
    ·
  • rtt121rtt121 Posts: 645
    @ XLBalco...I have one of those as well...it has always worked great for me. When I fried my probe a while back I bought 4 probes for $10.00 per probe and now when I do 4 butts I just stick a probe in each butt and then just plug the unit to the probe I want to know the temp of.
    Nice.  I like that idea
    Medium, and XL eggs in Galloway NJ.  Just outside of Atlantic City.  
    ·
  • henapplehenapple Posts: 14,585
    I ordered 2 grill and one food probe today...$32 from maverick.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
    ·
  • Mattman3969Mattman3969 Posts: 4,854
    I just got my food probes from Maverick on Sat. I bought the 2 set for $27ish and the claim to be high heat and they have 6' long strands.

-----------------------------------------

Large BGE. Small BGE Henderson, Ky.
    ·