Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re halfway through National Barbecue Month and loving every minute of it. We hope you’ve had some time to try out some new recipes and enjoy a few old favorites as well. If you’d a couple tips on smoking meat, check out our Smoking Basics Publication. For delicious recipes, try Justin Moore’s BBQ Shrimp, Greg Bate’s BBQ Dr. Pepper Chicken, Bobby Flay’s Chicken Thighs or Dr. BBQ’s new Maple Brined Pork Chops. Need dessert? Finish off your meal with some Planked Twinkies. Have a great rest of May & get ready for some fun summer happenings!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Texas Eggfest in Austin

Who is planning to be at the EggFest in Austin on April 27th?  I've been trying to decide what weekend to visit my friends in Austin, this might be a good weekend to choose. ;)
I'm Kristi ~ Live in FL ~ BGE since 2003.
I write about food & travel on Necessary Indulgences -
You can find me on Facebook & Instagram, too! 
·

Comments

• Spring Hen and I will be there for sure this year.  We were among the few bold Texans who met for the very first Texas Eggfest back in 2003.  It has grown well.

See you in Austin.

Spring "Egg Fester" Chicken

Spring Texas USA

·
  • CPARKTXCPARKTX Posts: 1,012
    Rats, this is the first I have  heard of it, and I will be out of town that weekend.  Going to my first one in Salado though.
    LBGE & SBGE.  Central Texas.  
    ·
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 16,269
    Will get to meet you...I always make it. Lots of very nice people there.
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

·

This was several years ago, the UT Steel Drum Band. Very nice.....Now this year it will be moved from the lake.

Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

·
    edited February 2013

@NecessaryIndulg

Kristi just come to Austin for the March 16th weekend and we are only 45 miles away. Just come down for the day if not time to make the Fri night party or the Sat night party. The big plus is you will see many more of our EggHeads in Salado than Austin.

·
  • @Mickey - that is the weekend of the Sunshine State Fest.  It is 15 minutes from my house &  I have to support my hometown. 
    BUT!  If Austin is only 45 minutes away from Salado, maybe a bunch of our Texas EggHeads will make the drive for that one, too?!  Pretty please?  :D
    ·
    @NecessaryIndulg............... Sorry, I forgot :-/

·
  • Registered  See you at the Iguana Grill
    Eggin in SW "Keep it Weird" TX
    ·
    Registered  See you at the Iguana Grill

I was told at the Salt Lick??????????

·
  • @Mickey - I read about it over on the other forum.

·
    Mickey said:
    Registered  See you at the Iguana Grill

I was told at the Salt Lick??????????
    Just talked with them. They were working with and going to the Salt Lick. At the last min and after they gave me the info showing the Salt Lick got the Iguana Grill back. Sorry for the mix up.

·
  • Flights booked!  \:D/
    ·
    Flights booked!  \:D/
    Kristi just contact me if you need any special stuff you can't/don't wish to bring on the airline.

·
  • NecessaryIndulgNecessaryIndulg Posts: 1,113
    edited February 2013
    Thanks, @Mickey ~ you're a sweetheart.

I'm just coming to eat, drink, meet, and snap pictures. And eat some more.

I can't wait to get my hands on the Flying Pig at Gourdough's. I've been dreaming about it ever since I ate this one.
    Flying Pig at Gourdough's
    ·
    :x

·
  • OMG Kristi, I just Google'd That Flying pig at Gourdough's! It looks like it would be worth the trip!
    =P~
    LBGE
    Go Dawgs! - Marietta, GA
    ·