Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - Eggfest for new Pope

Tjcoley
Tjcoley Posts: 3,551
edited February 2013 in Off Topic

As a Catholic male who has reached the age of reason, is not a heretic, is not in schism, and is not “notorious” for simony, I am eligible to be elected Pope. I Suffer a Grave disadvantage, however, not being well known by the voters. Therefore, I'd like to invite all the Cardinals of the world and members of the Holy See to a "Meet the Candidate Eggfest and BBQ" this Friday, Feb 15, 2013, the first Friday of Lent. Preparations will start early, removing the old Ash on Wednesday, and loading the Eggs for cooking. Keep a watch for the White Smoke coming out the chimney of the Egg

Following a breakfast of Eggs Benedict, bacon, sausage, Grand Mariner French Toast with roasted berry compote;  a lunch of Baltimore Pit Beef sandwiches, Cornish Hens, Cornell Chicken, Smoked Turkey Breasts  and CI seared filets;  dinner will consist of Beef Brisket, Pulled Pork, Spatched  Chicken, and of course, Lamb

In honor of Lent, there will be 14 tasting Stations. As you enjoy each delicacy, just Cross it off your list. Tastings will include Pig Candy, Bacon wrapped Tator Tots, MOINK Balls, Hot sausage and honey, mozzarella sticks, bacon wrapped scallops, beef ribs, pizza (thin crust, NY Style, Chicago Deep Dish and pan), Smoked Hamlets, Halibut en Papillote, Flat Iron steak marinated in wine, , Bourbon sweet potatoes, Crab stuffed bacon wrapped shrimp, and Spiedies.   For dessert, I will be Resurrecting the first dessert I made on an Egg, Griff's pineapple upside down cake, along with Apple Pie baked in an apple, Nutella Sticky Buns, Blueberry Cobbler, Bananas Foster cake, and Apple Strudel

All foods mentioned above have been test cooked over the past 16 months

There will be plenty of Bread and Wine, and a Host of beer and cocktails. For non drinkers, we'll have Shirley Temples and Virgin bloody Mary mix

Fun and games will include a 'Take off their hats - Popes in a VW' contest, Popemobile rides, get your picture taken in a Pope hat, and the Beloved 'Finda the Pope ina da pizza' contest

The Cardinal rule is to enjoy the food and have fun. Please help support me in my quest to become the next Pope.  And make sure you stick around for the Grand Prize drawing – a deluxe set of Mangrates

Comments

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Very good. Only problem I could see was the  Virgin bloody Mary mix. Not sure about the Padre's in your area, but in mine..........
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• hapster
    hapster Posts: 7,503
    Entertaining... Only problem is the fasting and abstaining from meat on Fridays during Lent.
  • CeramicChef
    CeramicChef Posts: 182
    edited February 2013
    Well, I can tell you SUCK at being a practical Catholic almost as much as me ... every Friday in Lent is a day of fasting and abstinence and it sounds like you ain't gonna be much on the fasting and you damned sure won't be abstaining serving all that meat! Just move everything to Saturday the 16th and you're good to go! You'll have nothing to tell the priest in confession and more importantly ... Nothing to explain to the nuns! Good luck on lobbying the boys in the red robes!