Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Who’s ready for football and tailgating? We are! Check out our tailgating page for recipes that are great to bring to a tailgate, or cook at home if you’re entertaining friends during a game. If you need an easy breakfast recipe, these Sticky Buns are the way to go. If you’re looking for a fan favorite with bacon, try these Double Pork Sliders. We can’t wait to kick off another fall full of tasty food!

Coming to Atlanta for EGGtoberfest? Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340 - NOTE we are CLOSED on Saturday OCT 10th for EGGtoberfest.

Your lump of choice?

• jerrypjerryp Posts: 226
    Humphrey's. It gets crazy hot and burns long.
  • Cowboy from Lowes.
  • Yes 500 I do. Been knowing them for years, and they are good people.
    Geaux Tigers!! West Monroe, Louisiana
  • WGWW, My Ace is $22.95, I'm going to try some other stores for a lower price
    Go Dawgs! - Marietta, GA
  • Been egging for 2 years now and I have not settled on a particular brand yet. RO is OK... I have tried B&B and Cowboys and didn't care for either of them. By looking at these post I guess I will try WGWW next.

North Alabama

• dlk7dlk7 Posts: 1,020

Best non standard lump - Halls Hill pecan and black cherry

#1 - Dragon Breath

#2 - Humphrey's

#3 - Ozark Oak

#4 - WGWW

#5 - BGE

Two XL BGEs - So Happy!!!!

Waunakee, WI

• WGWW is what i have liked the best so far. I got several bags on sale for $11.00 when Ace had an online sale. I use RO from Wal-mart if I dont have Wicked Good. Only BGE dealer in town wants almost $30.00 a bag with tax so I have yet to try theirs.
  • REMtxREMtx Posts: 16
    Wicked Good locally stocked at an Ace Hardware store or Ozark Oak stocked by my egg dealer.  Both priced about the same per pound (1 20 lb Wicked good bag = 2 10 lb Ozark Oak bags).
  • Anyone know any stores near Spearfish, Wyoming that caries Ozark?
  • henapplehenapple Posts: 14,790
    Probably none. There's not one in middle TN. I called their offices and found it near Little Rock.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
    I'm going through tomorrow...I can ship you some.
  • BrownieBrownie Posts: 1,023
    I like Ozark Oak and Natures Own the best for flavor and a hot steady low ash burn. I like WGWW (best bang for the buck in a quality lump) but ordering in advance for in store pick up is what it is (not convenient). I also use Royal Oak regularly because it's cheap and readily available in my area, but the quality IMO is not as good as the above mentioned.
  • bigphilbigphil Posts: 1,389
    royal oak and weekend warrior just ordered some ozark oak to try out 
    Large Big Green Egg , XL Big Green Egg . BBQ Guru, Weber Kettle, Weber Q grill for road trips.
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 16,514
    Ozark Oak
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

• Looks like I need to try Ozark and WGWW. Being in SC I imagine Ozark would be hard to come by. Will see what local Ace has
    Seriously. I'm going through AK this week and can pick up as much OO as I can locate...ship you a bag to try. Bags are $5.29 per and whatever shipping is from mid TN.
  • AltonAlton Posts: 445
    Ozark Oak
    PROUD MEMBER OF THE WHO DAT NATION!!!!! Stuck in Dallas.......
  • Mickey said:
    Ozark Oak

Where are you getting the Ozark Oak? near Salado or do you order it?
    LBGE and Mini
  • B&B Hickory from Academy Sports $13.00 for 20#
  • I'll take Royal Oak every single time. Period. Every. Single. Time.
  • hapsterhapster Posts: 7,236
    Love WGWW at Ace for $22.65 tax included for a 22# bag... Only 10 mins away.
  • RACRAC Posts: 1,546
    WGWW and Ozark Oak for me.

Spring, TX

• Thanks for all the input eggers.  I went to my local dealership and he had WGWW.  He told me that it seems to him that packaging changed on him recently and as he feels around the outside of the bag the briquettes may seem a bit smaller to him.  Anyone familiar with such a change?  Is there a different line of Wicked Good that he may have been carrying previously?

This what he has now....

• rtt121rtt121 Posts: 645

Medium, and XL eggs in Galloway NJ.  Just outside of Atlantic City.  
  • KoskoKosko Posts: 535
    Yes that is a different looking bag. May be there new look? I love there lump!
    Peachtree City, Ga Large BGE
  • We use WGWW and RO right now.  I REALLY want to go to using Ozark Oak or make our own.

I think Oak makes the best lump.  I wish I had my egg when I was back in Arkansas...

Does anyone know how to get Ozark Oak in the Bay Area for a reasonable price at < 15 bags?

Bay area?
  • EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 11,695
    henapple said:

My lump, my lump, my lovely lovely lump. Watcha gonna do with all that lump...?

Big greenoncye

Isn't that song by Green Egged Peas?
  • rtt121rtt121 Posts: 645
    Bay area usually is San Francisco
    Medium, and XL eggs in Galloway NJ.  Just outside of Atlantic City.  
  • Maple question.

Caledon, ON