Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope you all got to celebrate those tasty food holidays last week, we sure enjoyed them! We are even more excited about the beginning of fall, for so many reasons, but mainly for experiencing the cool, crisp air while being outside cooking up the best recipes the season has to offer. We especially love these Beer Pork Tenderloin and Ground Beef Acorn Squash recipes! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

How Many Eggs Does It Take...

13»

Comments

• hapster said:

Have a large and the wife has given the green light on another of my choosing as long as I get my table/storage figured out. Going to get a SS cabinet with top to put between them and keep them in nests.

It's going to be another large or an XL.

Hapster, what kind of top are you looking at? My buddy makes concrete counter tops. I love mine. As a fellow PA egger that doesn't live too far away, you are close enough for him to make you one if you are interested. No maintenance, it can be customized with many different colors, bits of colored glass, or different types of stone. Mine has river rock in it for stone. When ground smooth the river rock has reds, greens, grays, and light browns.
    Mark Annville, PA
  • vidalia1vidalia1 Posts: 7,083
    4 here...2 larges, 1 small, 1 mini...all 1 big happy family... :x
  • Not a great picture, but here it is.

IMAG0336.jpg
    1952 x 3264 - 1M
    Mark Annville, PA
  • thetrimthetrim Posts: 606
    Three: XL, Large, and Mini. 
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12
    Tampa Bay, FL
  • MayberryMayberry Posts: 426
    I only have a large, and while it's wonderful, and adequate for most cooks, I've been thinking of getting. E that would compliment my large and still be airily transportable. I see a lot of mini's here. Is that just for very small cooks, or mainly for traveling? I have a growing family: wife,myself and 2 boys. They're small now, but won't be that way for long. Small sound like a better argument for me, or is the mini just that awesome? It seems like I could move the small fairily easily in my truck or my wife's SUV for car camping, taking to family's houses and tailgating. It wouldn't be moved but once every 4-6 months, probably.
    Athens, GA
  • Solson005Solson005 Posts: 1,841
    @Mayberry the small is very easy to take places, I bought a eggCARTen to make it even easier and am happy I went with it over the mini. I do weekly dinner parties at a friends house and bring my egg with me most of the time, as well as camping and usually cook for a group of people with no problem. They do make a eggCARTen for the mini as well. It even has a built in bottle opener to keep the chef hydrated.. 

Large & Small BGE, CGW Two-Tier Swing Rack for BOTH EGGS, Spider for the Wok, eggCARTen & and Cedar Pergola my Eggs call home in Edmond, OK. 
  • hapsterhapster Posts: 5,046
    Have a large and the wife has given the green light on another of my choosing as long as I get my table/storage figured out. Going to get a SS cabinet with top to put between them and keep them in nests. It's going to be another large or an XL.
    Hapster, what kind of top are you looking at? My buddy makes concrete counter tops. I love mine. As a fellow PA egger that doesn't live too far away, you are close enough for him to make you one if you are interested. No maintenance, it can be customized with many different colors, bits of colored glass, or different types of stone. Mine has river rock in it for stone. When ground smooth the river rock has reds, greens, grays, and light browns.
    That's a great looking top... I am probably going to go with a Stainless Steel top as well as cabinet. Sorry for the confusion with my earlier post. If my egg set up was down on the ground I might consider the concrete.
  • 3 large small and mini.  When we sell this house and move we will get a medium for baking only.  No room for a medium right now.
    Eggin in SW "Keep it Weird" TX