Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

How Many Eggs Does It Take...

Options
13»

Comments

• cortguitarman
    Options
    hapster said:

Have a large and the wife has given the green light on another of my choosing as long as I get my table/storage figured out. Going to get a SS cabinet with top to put between them and keep them in nests.

It's going to be another large or an XL.

Hapster, what kind of top are you looking at? My buddy makes concrete counter tops. I love mine. As a fellow PA egger that doesn't live too far away, you are close enough for him to make you one if you are interested. No maintenance, it can be customized with many different colors, bits of colored glass, or different types of stone. Mine has river rock in it for stone. When ground smooth the river rock has reds, greens, grays, and light browns.
    Mark Annville, PA
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    @cortguitarman - Do you have a picture of your top?
  • vidalia1
    vidalia1 Posts: 7,092
    Options
    4 here...2 larges, 1 small, 1 mini...all 1 big happy family... :x
  • cortguitarman
    Options
    Not a great picture, but here it is.

Mark Annville, PA
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    Three: XL, Large, and Mini. 
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • Mayberry
    Mayberry Posts: 750
    Options
    I only have a large, and while it's wonderful, and adequate for most cooks, I've been thinking of getting. E that would compliment my large and still be airily transportable. I see a lot of mini's here. Is that just for very small cooks, or mainly for traveling? I have a growing family: wife,myself and 2 boys. They're small now, but won't be that way for long. Small sound like a better argument for me, or is the mini just that awesome? It seems like I could move the small fairily easily in my truck or my wife's SUV for car camping, taking to family's houses and tailgating. It wouldn't be moved but once every 4-6 months, probably.
    Athens, GA
    XL BGE, Large BGE and RecTec590
  • Solson005
    Solson005 Posts: 1,911
    Options
    @Mayberry the small is very easy to take places, I bought a eggCARTen to make it even easier and am happy I went with it over the mini. I do weekly dinner parties at a friends house and bring my egg with me most of the time, as well as camping and usually cook for a group of people with no problem. They do make a eggCARTen for the mini as well. It even has a built in bottle opener to keep the chef hydrated.. 

Large & Small BGE, CGW Two-Tier Swing Rack for BOTH EGGS, Spider for the Wok, eggCARTen & and Cedar Pergola my Eggs call home in Edmond, OK. 
  • hapster
    hapster Posts: 7,503
    Options
    Have a large and the wife has given the green light on another of my choosing as long as I get my table/storage figured out. Going to get a SS cabinet with top to put between them and keep them in nests. It's going to be another large or an XL.
    Hapster, what kind of top are you looking at? My buddy makes concrete counter tops. I love mine. As a fellow PA egger that doesn't live too far away, you are close enough for him to make you one if you are interested. No maintenance, it can be customized with many different colors, bits of colored glass, or different types of stone. Mine has river rock in it for stone. When ground smooth the river rock has reds, greens, grays, and light browns.
    That's a great looking top... I am probably going to go with a Stainless Steel top as well as cabinet. Sorry for the confusion with my earlier post. If my egg set up was down on the ground I might consider the concrete.
  • Austin  Egghead
    Options
    3 large small and mini.  When we sell this house and move we will get a medium for baking only.  No room for a medium right now.
    Large, small and mini now Egging in Rowlett Tx
  • Thegrim1
    Thegrim1 Posts: 28
    Options
    XL, large and mini max . The XL is used the least, only for a large crowd and pizza. Can't beat the size of the XL to make some huge pizzas. 
  • saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Options
    Thegrim1 said:
    XL, large and mini max . The XL is used the least, only for a large crowd and pizza. Can't beat the size of the XL to make some huge pizzas. 
    5 years worth of posts in one month. Strong work. 
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• cookingdude555
    cookingdude555 Posts: 3,194
    Options
    Welcome to the cult @Thegrim1. Looks like you have been doing your research on some older threads. And you have a nice herd of eggs. It’s nice to have the xl space when it’s needed. 
  • Woadie
    Woadie Posts: 154
    Options
    How does the mini and small compare with the mini max?   I have a large but was thinking of getting either a mini max or small.  
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,760
    Options
    Throw Back Thursday
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • JMCXL
    JMCXL Posts: 1,524
    Options
    I got 4;
    XL
    L
    M
    MM

Love them all
    Northern New Jersey
     XL - Woo2, AR      L (2) - Woo, PS Woo     MM (2) - Woo       MINI

Check out https://www.grillingwithpapaj.com for some fun and more Grilling with Papa (incase you haven't gotten enough of me)

Also, check out my YouTube Page
    https://www.youtube.com/c/grillingwithpapaj

Follow me on Facebook 
    https://www.facebook.com/GrillingPapaJ/