Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Merry Christmas and may your holiday be filled with delicious food and loved ones...to help you devour the food! Our Holiday Entertaining Guide can help if you’re still making a Christmas menu. If you’re looking for fun, last minute holiday activities, check out EGGcellent Sugar Cookies, BGE Cake Pops, Santa Hat Brownies, Pig Candy or Holiday Drinks! See you in the New Year EGGheads!

The 17th Annual EGGtoberfest was amazing - here are the highlights Click Here

Angus Brisket

Did a Walmart bought brisket 2 weeks ago, flat came out little dry 20 minutes after slicing.  Took it off at 190, but decided not to inject any marinade this time, probably the wrong decision.  Started looking around for a better quality meat on websites such as Central Meats and Pat LaFrieda but wanted to ask first if anyone had suggestions that would help in my search?  Are the briskets on these sites worth the money?  Are there other sites you prefer?  What do competition teams use?

Thanks,

Howard 

Comments

• LitLit Posts: 3,136
    The WalMart briskets here are full packers and are the excel brand which are fine. I see excel brand at Costco also. I got a certified angus choice brisket from a local farmers market for $2.99 a pound this weekend you may try shopping around locally.
  • ben4uncben4unc Posts: 14
    edited February 2013
    Sam's Club in Kannapolis NC sells whole Brisket - Certified Angus Beef - Choice for $2.58 per pound.  They are amazing and a killer price!   I have a 14lb'er in my freezer that I plan on smokin this weekend for the big UNC vs Dook game.
  • Wow, you guys are lucky!  Here in the Philly area both Sams and Costco only sell flats.  WM is the only retailer selling full packers.  Shame, both took the full briskets away and they stopped selling tri-tips for over a year now.  Only good change is Costco soley sells St Louis style ribs, I always disliked the non-St Louis style spare rib

Thanks for the help

Howard