Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Who’s ready for September? We’re ready as ever for football season! Check out our tailgating page for recipes that are great to bring to a tailgate, or cook at home if you’re entertaining friends during a game. Either way they’re sure to become a fan favorite! We couldn’t forget about Labor Day...we have recipes and cook out ideas to celebrate the long weekend no matter what you’re doing. And lastly, be sure to cook up a batch (or five) of bacon for National Bacon Day! We can’t wait to fall into cooler weather with you!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

prime rib

Bought a 7lb PR roast but at the last minute it was going to be only three of us. I cut it in half and cooked it. Smothered in mustard, Worcestershire and heavy cracked pepper and kosher salt. Indirect, 350 dome till 140 on the ends. Left loosely covered for about 30 min. The best I've cooked. Swmbo cooked the rest and chocolate covered strawberries.
I asked her for a plain plate so my pics would look better...got the look.
Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 

Comments

• Dyal_SCDyal_SC Posts: 2,731
    NICE!  =P~
  • AltonAlton Posts: 443
    Nothing like doing a Prime Rib yourself and doing it well...Congrats =D>
    PROUD MEMBER OF THE WHO DAT NATION!!!!! Stuck in Dallas.......
  • "I asked for a plain plate so my pics would look better...got the look." I literally LOL. Classic.
    PROUD MEMBER OF THE WHO DAT NATION!
  • Looks good. Brussel Sprouts look dark though. Maybe you cooked them too hot and long
  • Prime rib looks damn good, I like the plate!
    LBGE
    Go Dawgs! - Marietta, GA
  • Gorgeous!  =D>
    I'm Kristi ~ Live in FL ~ BGE since 2003.
    I write about food & travel on Necessary Indulgences -
    You can find me on Facebook & Instagram, too! 
  • GriffinGriffin Posts: 7,080

Very nice!

I don't even get the look anymore, just a shout from the living room to hurry up or she'll start the show without me.

:))

Richardson, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• ChubbsChubbs Posts: 5,587
    Griffin said:

Very nice!

I don't even get the look anymore, just a shout from the living room to hurry up or she'll start the show without me.

:))

Ha, my wife doesn't even say anything anymore. She is half done when I get in there.
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • jgduscjgdusc Posts: 22
    Looks alot better than the one I just did!
    2 LBGE, 1 SBGE, Stoker Wifi, White Thermapen, Igrill---Gilbert SC