Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Who’s ready for September? We’re ready as ever for football season! Check out our tailgating page for recipes that are great to bring to a tailgate, or cook at home if you’re entertaining friends during a game. Either way they’re sure to become a fan favorite! We couldn’t forget about Labor Day...we have recipes and cook out ideas to celebrate the long weekend no matter what you’re doing. And lastly, be sure to cook up a batch (or five) of bacon for National Bacon Day! We can’t wait to fall into cooler weather with you!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Pizza setup question

First pizza attempt tonight and I'm thinking PS legs up, then grate, then upside down tin 13x9 baking dish, then stone.  Anyone foresee a problem with this.  Mostly wondering about the pan.  It's a 2" deep standard baking pan.  Surely it's okay in upwards of 700º??
XLBGE- Napa, CA by way of ATX

Comments

• You should be fine. I find that my results have been better with platesetter legs down. Good luck. We just did 2 pies tonight. One was pulled pork pizza and the other a mushroom, pepperoni, cheese, peppers and onions. They were fantastic.
    Mark Annville, PA
  • Sounds like a doable deal to me. Been there, done that. Enjoy!
  • flemsterflemster Posts: 259
    I go high in the dome, no plate setter, stone on the rig extender.  I kept frying my gasket with legs down on the PS.  Picture below.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------

Keywords: Gator, Nashvegas, LBGE, Looftlighter, Thermapen in Racing Green (faster than the red one!), PSWOO2, Spider with CI, IQ120