Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pizza setup question

Options
First pizza attempt tonight and I'm thinking PS legs up, then grate, then upside down tin 13x9 baking dish, then stone.  Anyone foresee a problem with this.  Mostly wondering about the pan.  It's a 2" deep standard baking pan.  Surely it's okay in upwards of 700º??
XLBGE- Napa, CA by way of ATX

Comments

• cortguitarman
    Options
    You should be fine. I find that my results have been better with platesetter legs down. Good luck. We just did 2 pies tonight. One was pulled pork pizza and the other a mushroom, pepperoni, cheese, peppers and onions. They were fantastic.
    Mark Annville, PA
  • CeramicChef
    Options
    Sounds like a doable deal to me. Been there, done that. Enjoy!
  • flemster
    flemster Posts: 269
    Options
    I go high in the dome, no plate setter, stone on the rig extender.  I kept frying my gasket with legs down on the PS.  Picture below.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------

Keywords: Gator, Nashvegas, LBGE, Looftlighter, Thermapen in Racing Green (faster than the red one!), PSWOO2, Spider with CI, IQ120