Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Gasket on Mini

Options
Do the new Minis have the higher temp gasket like the larger Eggs? The one on display at my dealer had the older gasket.

Springram
LBGE and Mini

Comments

• RLeeper
    RLeeper Posts: 480
    Options
    Got one in November and mine came with the newer gasket got it from the Mothership so I don't know if that matters
    Extra Large, Large, and Mini. Tucker, GA
  • Springram
    Options
    RLeeper said:
    Got one in November and mine came with the newer gasket got it from the Mothership so I don't know if that matters
    Sorry to be a super Dummy, but I assume you ordered it directly from BGE? Did you have to assemble it from scratch or was it already pretty much ready to go? 

Please do not split a gut laughing too hard .. I have only been an Egghead for six months.

Springram
    LBGE and Mini
  • SkinnyV
    SkinnyV Posts: 3,404
    Options
    Does not matter they all will fail. I went gasket less for now did 225 low and slow with no issues. I'm convinced gaskets don't matter other than closing it.
    Putting a Rutland on when I get my replacement base.
    Seattle, WA
  • RLeeper
    RLeeper Posts: 480
    Options
    Would never laugh for questioning. The mothership is the term used for the worldwide headquarters that's located here in Georgia. It happens to be within walking distance from my house so I go pretty frequently. They would have put together but swmbo ( my wife) bought it for my birthday and she wasn't sure if I wanted them to assemble or if I wanted the challenge myself. My ego wouldn't allow me to take it to the guys at the store and ask for help so I did it myself!
    Extra Large, Large, and Mini. Tucker, GA