Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s almost football season, so we’re perfecting our favorite tailgating and homegating recipes! Whether you like hamburgers, wings, brats, ribs or something cooked with beer, we have everything you’ll need for the perfect tailgate party. We always like inviting friends to join our tailgates because the EGG is about community and having fun, so make sure if you’re inviting company you make extra - the food will be gone before you know it! Don't forget dessert, either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

My New Table

GoochGooch Posts: 5
edited 10:03AM in EGG Table Forum
Bought the egg yesterday, using tonight for the first time!! Table took $$$,3 weekends,plenty of beer and alot of work by my brother!! Thanks Bro
P7131713.jpg
100_3777.jpg
100_3780.jpg
100_3790.jpg
100_3794.jpg
DSC02971.jpg
100_3800.jpg
DSC02985.jpg
DSC02975.jpg
P7131714.jpg

Comments

• Mark0525Mark0525 Posts: 1,225
    Do you have a picture of it yet? I'm building mine as we speak. Can't wait until it's done
  • GoochGooch Posts: 5
    Sorry had a problem getting the picture up but I think I'm in there now
  • Mark0525Mark0525 Posts: 1,225
    Wow is that nice!!!!! I don't think mine will look that nice. Enjoy it :)
  • pattikakepattikake Posts: 1,175
    Welcome to the club, table looks wonderful. Now get cooking and enjoy.

Patti
    Wichita, KS
  • That is a beautiful table. WELL DONE :cheer:
  • Carolina QCarolina Q Posts: 8,682
    Very nice looking table, Gooch! Question... what is it sitting on? Looks like it's tile over a core of something. Most people use a patio paver (solid non-flammable material) and they place the three green feet on top of that, then the egg. Creates an air space so you don't burn the wood under the paver. And yes, it will.

Everybody knows there’s three acceptable condiments for a hot dog; there’s mustard, onions and stagnant cart water! That’s IT!   ... Jon Stewart

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

Its a patio paver covered by tile to match the top. thanks to all for the kind words, I'm very pleased with how it turned out
    Whew! Thought it might be a plywood core. Nice touch!

You still need the feet though. If I can find the pic of the burned table, I'll post it - for educational purposes. :)

Everybody knows there’s three acceptable condiments for a hot dog; there’s mustard, onions and stagnant cart water! That’s IT!   ... Jon Stewart

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

Thanks, I went ahead and added the feet just to be safe

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• captdcaptd Posts: 4
    Did you find the pic of the burned table. Would be interested in taking a look. Very nice table, enjoy.
    haha. see link in post above. :)

and here's a pic where someone used ONLY the feet. MUCH worse!

2005_0104Image0008.jpg

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• WoW Gooch!
    That is one of, if not the nicest tables I have ever seen! The build quality looks second to none. Do you mind if I ask what it cost to build? Very nice design. I think you owe your brother many good dinners off that table. It looks like it will last many years to come. With these quality photos of the table I am looking forward to your cook photos! Congrats and enjoy Grillin & Chillin on your new BGE and awesome table.
    BGE'er since 1996 Large BGE 1996, Small BGE 1996, Mini BGE 1997
  • Capt FrankCapt Frank Posts: 2,578
    :ohmy: That is one beautiful table! You will get years of enjoyment out of it :)

Welcome aboard :)

Capt Frank
    Homosassa, FL
    about $550
  • Killer table - great workmanship
  • highpresshighpress Posts: 694
    Wow, i'm so jeleous. Beautiful table.... Is your brother for hire? Kidding. sort of....
  • LImp BrisketLImp Brisket Posts: 115
    Your brother has some crazy mad router skills.
  • LImp BrisketLImp Brisket Posts: 115
    Your brother has some crazy mad router skills.
  • krickskricks Posts: 244
    Love the in process shots. Always the pickup loses its place in garage for projects! Nice work.
  • EggscaperEggscaper Posts: 213
    That's some good work and craftsmanship
  • nice touch on the decorative ring around the egg!any problems with that ring heating up to much??? =D>