Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

UPS (another firebox post)

Options
BluesnBBQ
BluesnBBQ Posts: 615
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Yesterday I got a postcard from UPS saying that they had tried to deliver a package from BGE to me, but couldn't find my house. Unfortunately, I got the postcard on the date they said they would send the package back if they didn't hear from me. Very efficient service, UPS! So, it looks like it's UPS's fault that I haven't received my new firebox. They said they would contact BGE (and the UPS woman asked me what a big green egg could possibly be) and have them send another.[p]This would have been much easier if I could have just taken my broken firebox to Barbeques Galore and exchanged it for a new one. I wasn't given that option when I called BGE, and they never answered my emails about their warranty policy. [p]My Egg works fine with the broken firebox, but I have a feeling the firebox will be in pieces next time I remove it to clean the Egg. I can't say I'm a completely satisfied customer right now.

Comments

• JJ
    JJ Posts: 951
    Options
    BluesnBBQ,
    Talk to no one except Ed Fisher, he owns BGE 1-800-939-3447. He cares about what goes on and is very much customer orineted.

• Tim M
    Tim M Posts: 2,410
    Options
    BluesnBBQ,[p]I doubt that BGE could "Make" BBQ Galore do replacements if they don't want to. There ain't much that isn't metal in that store and I doubt BGE would want to threaten to remove the line from their stores because they won't do replacements. It's hard to blame anybody but BBQ Galore for that.[p]Good luck with UPS.
    Tim