Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Who’s ready for football and tailgating? We are! Check out our tailgating page for recipes that are great to bring to a tailgate, or cook at home if you’re entertaining friends during a game. If you need an easy breakfast recipe, these Sticky Buns are the way to go. If you’re looking for a fan favorite with bacon, try these Double Pork Sliders. We can’t wait to kick off another fall full of tasty food!

Coming to Atlanta for EGGtoberfest? Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340 - NOTE we are CLOSED on Saturday OCT 10th for EGGtoberfest.

First overnight cook and my fire went out!!! Start another one and keep going or call it a day?

• Excellent - that is what I do when I cook the turkey... I am not sure why I was so scared, unknown I guess... but that is what I am doing now - I just hope it was not too late. :(
  • pgprescottpgprescott Posts: 2,316
    Yes black hole can happen, But in my experience when the dome temp lowers the fan kicks on and stokes the edges of the "hole" and your fire doesn't extinguish. I have never had a low fire go out with my digiQ. I have without it. Just saying.
  • jlsmjlsm Posts: 862
    Do you have the standard grate? Possibly your holes are clogged. Rig a "wiggle rod" by bending a metal skewer 90 degrees at the end, stick it in a few grate holes from below, and wiggle. You should get better airflow. 

Look into getting a High-Que. 
    Owner of a large and a beloved mini in Philadelphia
  • pgprescottpgprescott Posts: 2,316
    Not while sleeping.
  • Follow up regarding the 4 hour rule and the suspect shoulder. 

Every last scrap of everything was eventually eaten, it was great. My personal favorite was a pulled port and egg (over medium) sandwich for breakfast. Damn!