Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
April showers bring...National BBQ Month! Are you ready for a month full of briskets, pulled pork and chicken wings? We hope so, because it’s almost here! Keep an eye out for some of our favorite BBQ recipes we’ll be sharing with you throughout the month of May.

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Few cooks from this week: Turkey burgers, veggies, and pork tenderloins (pic heavy)

I grilled up some el-cheapo thin pork chops that I put in a Greek marinade that I made up:

One of the sides was mini-skewers of zucchini and squash.  Just shaved the veggies into thin slices on a mandolin and then skewered them. 

Served with a rice pilaf and tzatziki, I could drink that stuff!

Did some easy pork tenderloins rubbed with Dizzy Pig Swamp Venom.

Sliced them thin and served them with "Dizzy Pig Dirty Rice" in honor of upcoming Fat Tuesday.  Oh yeah, that's tasso gravy on the pork.  I smoked the tasso using the recipe from Smoke and Spice (book by the Jamison's). 

Grilled turkey burgers twice this week.

It was the first time that I have made them for the boys and was surprised at how much they loved them.  Not better than beef burgers but a good change of pace.

Hope you all have had a great week and all of your North East folks are warm and safe!
·

Comments

• mb99zzmb99zz Posts: 182
    Everything looks fantastic. 
    ·
  • Solson005Solson005 Posts: 1,906
    Everything thing looks great! That has to be the best looking Turkey Burger i've seen. 
    =D>

The zucchini and squash makes for a nice presentation, I'll have to try that sometime. Now I'm hungry, time to figure out lunch.. 
    Large & Small BGE, CGW Two-Tier Swing Rack for BOTH EGGS, Spider for the Wok, eggCARTen & and Cedar Pergola my Eggs call home in Edmond, OK. 
    ·
  • RLeeperRLeeper Posts: 480
    Good looking cooks
    Extra Large, Large, and Mini. Tucker, GA
    ·
  • Solson005Solson005 Posts: 1,906
    Clicked on your blog hoping the recipe would be there, Score! I will give your turkey burgers a try this week, thanks! 
    Large & Small BGE, CGW Two-Tier Swing Rack for BOTH EGGS, Spider for the Wok, eggCARTen & and Cedar Pergola my Eggs call home in Edmond, OK. 
    ·
  • Everything looks great!

Louisville, GA - 2 Large BGE's
    ·
  • GriffinGriffin Posts: 6,768
    ^:)^  Everything looks amazing, Chris. Gonna go check your website and see if you have that turkey burger recipe on there.

Richardson, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

·
  • CPARKTXCPARKTX Posts: 976
    Love the idea of the shaved/skewered veggies, never seen that before.
    LBGE & SBGE.  Central Texas.  
    ·
  • AviatorAviator Posts: 1,519
    yep, nice idea and presentation on the veggies.

Large and Small BGE, and a baby black Kub.

And all the toys to make me look like a Gizmo Chef.

>:)

Chattanooga, TN.

·
  • 500500 Posts: 1,537
    Looks good. Pinned your turkey burgers recipe. Thanks for sharing.
    Large BGE; Midlothian, Virginia
    I like Pig Butts and I can not lie.
    "Barbecue is a journey, one meal at a time."
    ·
  • Dyal_SCDyal_SC Posts: 2,244
    Wow!!  Those meals look fantastic!  I agree with the others on the shaved and skewered veggies.  I'm going to have to do that soon to impress the Mrs.  ;)
    2014 Co-Wing King
    ·
  • rholtrholt Posts: 368
    All of those pics practically sealed the deal for me with regards to getting a cast iron grid.
    ·
  • Geez Louise! Those were some lip smacking photos! I like that zucchini treatment on the mandolin. Creative! How long did they cook? I've gotta try that! Looks like raised direct, right? Thanks in advance!
    ·
  • Nice lookin cooks, I'll have a glass of that tzatziki!
    LBGE
    Go Dawgs! - Marietta, GA
    ·
  • @CeramicChef ; The grill was still pretty hot from cooking the chops and with the veggies being so thin, it only took about 90 seconds, flip and another 90 seconds. 

It was not a raised grid, just on top of the fire ring. 
    ·
  • Great photos!  I mean, the food looks great, but also very well composed photography.  
    Flowery Branch, GA  LBGE
    ·