Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Got a little buddy for my XL

Finally finished my setup by getting a large to go with my XL. Broke it in with some rack of lamb. Marinated with olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, rosemary and oregano. Cooked direct at 400 dome. After 30 minutes they were 130 degrees internal. Lamb lollipops! Yumm!

Living Large and XL

image.jpg 209.6K
image.jpg 218.1K
image.jpg 272.3K
·

Comments

• NICE! What else can I say!
    LBGE
    Go Dawgs! - Marietta, GA
    ·
  • Congrats on the new arrival! You must be some kind of part animal to need an XL and a Large! When's the next party and what can I bring? :)
    ·
  • Thats an awesome set up! I'm jealous.
    ·
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 16,412
    edited February 2013
    You can cook for the whole block.
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

·
  • ChubbsChubbs Posts: 5,223
    Great setup. Congrats! Is it a boy or girl?
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
    ·
  • hapsterhapster Posts: 6,912
    This is the way I am leaning when I get the second one; its either going to be another Large or the XL...

Have fun!
    ·
  • RLeeperRLeeper Posts: 480
    Great combo, congrats!
    Extra Large, Large, and Mini. Tucker, GA
    ·
  • lilwootylilwooty Posts: 212
    @mickey. Sometimes I feel like I'm cooking for the whole neighborhood. Seems like within 5 minutes of lighting the fire, the doorbell is ringing and neighbors are climbing over the fence. What am I running a free diner over here? Figured I'd just go with the flow. Nothing beats sharing good food with family and friends.

Living Large and XL

·
  • hapsterhapster Posts: 6,912
    lilwooty said:

@mickey. Sometimes I feel like I'm cooking for the whole neighborhood. Seems like within 5 minutes of lighting the fire, the doorbell is ringing and neighbors are climbing over the fence. What am I running a free diner over here? Figured I'd just go with the flow. Nothing beats sharing good food with family and friends.

My wife still hasn't caught on to my madness... Always asking my I cook so much food. Cause I love sharing it with people.
    ·
  • Yeah Guys, with as isolated as we get these days with no front and privacy fences, the BGE has done more to get neighbors back together than just about anything I know! That gloriously distinctive aroma of a lit Egg that wafts on the breeze is simply irresistible! I always tell people to make memories with their family and friends - that's what the Egg makes best!
    ·
  • RLeeperRLeeper Posts: 480
    Fired up mine the other night and my neighbors wife called to ask what time should they be over for dinner!
    Extra Large, Large, and Mini. Tucker, GA
    ·