Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

I need help with lamb chops please!

Fishkiller
Fishkiller Posts: 42
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
The planets have aligned, my wife is post-call and I am off so we are going to try our hand at lamb chops. I have never cooked these, only consumed them. The last ones I had were Trex'd in appearance. Does anyone have any pointers as to cook time, temp, recipe, etc... Any help is appreciated.
fishkiller

Comments

• YB
    YB Posts: 3,861
    fishkiller,
    This recipe is GREAT.
    Larry

[ul][li]Nature Boy's Rack of Lamb[/ul]
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,671
    fishkiller,
    ive been getting center cut lamb chops that look like mini tbones. about 1.25-1.5 inches thick. sear rest roast at 350 max with an internal about 130 degrees.salt, pepper, fresh chopped rosemary and oil is all i put on them before the sear. i tend to cook lamb on the rare side and would probably pull them off at 125-127 but some dont like very red lamb. if you cook them past medium they wont be as good, they will toughen up and the flavor wont be so sweet.

fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it