Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Photobucket changes?

Options

I don't normally do a lot of work online during the weekend. Just logged into facebook, and I see that photobucket automatically uploaded pics to facebook (my personal account) of my meatloaf flop. WTF? I didn't want those photos posted up. Has anybody else had this happen? Is there a way to put a stop to this? I take a ton of pics, some good, some bad, some shouldn't/not intended to be posted. I don't want every pic I take and upload posted on my fb page. Open to suggestions or info.

Did smoke that turkey breast tonight. Injected with some Tony Chachere injection, rubbed with Dp Swamp Venom. In the fridge to be sliced tomorrow for lunchmeat, but I did sneak a taste test. Pretty durn good. I'll get the pics ready tomorrow or monday.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

Comments

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    Are you doing the "new" photobucket? I went back to the old one after Two days.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Options
    I went back to the old one, but when I uploaded the meatloaf pics and then tried to edit them (to crop them), it says the editor software was no longer available and if if I wanted to edit, i had to go the nwe. Sounds like you have a limited time left before you will have to switch to the new as well.

Rowlett, Texas

• Solson005
    Solson005 Posts: 1,911
    Options
    They "selected" me to be a beta tester months ago. I have found that it seems like it was designed for Apple computers. I used my other laptop last week and it was very different and confusing from a windows machine. 

I use Aperture to edit and crop before I upload to photobucket so I don't know about those features, but posting is relatively the same from my macbook and iMac. 

The Facebook posts have happened to me from a few different companies I link my account to but not photobucket. After someone asked me about a Rosetta Stone offer I "accepted" on facebook, I looked into all the businesses and things my account was linked to and shut quite a few of them down. (I liked them when I bought rosetta stone years ago but did not accept a offer) Now companies can make posts on your behalf and I don't like that so try to make sure that is unchecked. 

Large & Small BGE, CGW Two-Tier Swing Rack for BOTH EGGS, Spider for the Wok, eggCARTen & and Cedar Pergola my Eggs call home in Edmond, OK. 
  • Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Options
    Thanks. i took a look the settings. one of them was post content on behalf. no thanks. shut that down.

Rowlett, Texas

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    Griffin said:
    I went back to the old one, but when I uploaded the meatloaf pics and then tried to edit them (to crop them), it says the editor software was no longer available and if if I wanted to edit, i had to go the nwe. Sounds like you have a limited time left before you will have to switch to the new as well.

Jason all (whole bunch) post pics on old forum are posting sideways. Went to do something about it on old PB and no edit. Now I understand. You are correct. They are forcing us over.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.