Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re so close to Thanksgiving that we can taste it and we’re ready to help you prepare the most delicious Thanksgiving feast you’ve ever cooked! Check out our Turkey Cheat Sheet for turkey tips, our Thanksgiving page for turkey recipes, and our Holiday Entertaining Publication for all other Thanksgiving needs to help you make this the best Thanksgiving yet! PS. Don’t forget about breakfast Thanksgiving morning either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Questions about frontier lump

I was wondering if anyone has used this charcoal? I was at BJ's tonight and they sell it in 34 pound bags for 19.99. Any thoughts would be great.

• U_tardedU_tarded Posts: 1,347
    it burns.  kinda a quicker not as hot burn if i remember right.  i bought a couple 20 pound bags, not bad but not great reminded me of cowboy.
  • BrownieBrownie Posts: 1,023
    My mom uses it and likes it. It's hard to beat the price. I agree with U_tarded with the cowboy comparison. Big chunks and it will cook your meals. Try it out, and with the money you save buy a higher rated/quality lump to use on a fancy cut of meat or fish for a special treat to yourself.