Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Finally!!! Cypress table is finished and I'm ready to cook.

Lots of firsts today.  1st LBGE, 1st table completion, 1st cook tonight, and 1st post to this forum.  Thank you to Nola for the idea on the wood and for the advice along the way.  My dad and father in law helped me construct the table and that was incredible quality time in the shop.  The table is pecky cypress stained with natural finish.  I then applied 3 coats of West epoxy system and finished with spar varnish.  My wife thinks I'm crazy for all of the work done on the finish but it is well worth it to me.  It took lots of sanding and even more filling of the holes along the way but the finished product is extremely slick and shines like crazy.  The granite inlays are pieces of fireplace hearth cut to fit and the overall table design is from Whiz Flash-Burns.  I'm still learning the posting process and maybe one day i'll figure out the URL process so i can insert an image.  For now, I'm attaching pics of my project and hope they come out right.  Thanks

Comments