Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Snowstorm Cook...

13»

Comments

• FTC = Foil, Towel, Cooler

Foil the  meat, wrap in a couple of towels, and place in a cooler for a few hours if needed.
    ·
  • lousubcaplousubcap Posts: 6,655
    FTC= foil, towels and cooler.  Allows for the results of the low&slow to be held for hours (4-5 at least) and still remain hot enough to slice/pull and immediately serve.  A faux cambrio-and all good egger's have coolers around for those supervisory adult beverages. 
    Louisville   L & S BGEs 
    ·
  • Looks great as always Hapster, nice bark!
    County of Parkland, Alberta, Canada
    ·
  • EazyEEazyE Posts: 55
    Hey Hapster, I thought I read in a previous post you were going to do the Travis method on the brisket. Did you ever put the brisket in a pan, or wrap the brisket at any time? Just curious what all you did. It looks great!
    ·
  • JRWhiteeJRWhitee Posts: 2,666
    Yum, thats all I got!

Large BGE 2006, Mini Max 2014 
    Founding Member of the Green Man Group cooking team.
    Johns Creek, Georgia

·
  • hapsterhapster Posts: 7,052
    Thanks guys.., this was just a straight low and slow the whole way to 204 and then into the cooler. Still there will be sliced in about 1-1/2 hours.

Egg looks filthy so I just fired the lump for a clean burn.
    ·
  • Doesn't it say a lot about the egg when you do a 12 hour cook an then just flip open the vents come back in ten minutes and its pegged out at 700•

XLBGE 
    ·
    I wish my wok was as seasoned as the inside of my dome...
    image.jpg 1.3M
    ·
  • hapster said:
    Just finishing up and about to FTC it.., about 13 hours. Went quicker than I thought. Might be time to recalibrate the dome thermo image
    Hey Hap, you need that there cigar fired up. It would totally finish off the pic. B-)
    ·
    Hapster will you slice that thing already I am starving!  :((

Johns Creek, Georgia

·
  • AltonAlton Posts: 442
    Incredible !!!! I got to try one... Thanks for your post!!, ^:)^
    PROUD MEMBER OF THE WHO DAT NATION!!!!! Stuck in Dallas.......
    ·
  • Nice, Real nice !!!
    ·
    edited February 2013
    I told you I had faith in you! Nice smoke ring.

Johns Creek, Georgia

·
  • mb99zzmb99zz Posts: 182
    Hapster -- I just looked at your blog which led me to your pics.  Really good stuff.  
    ·
  • Looks awesome Hap, glad that it turned out to be your best. You deserved a good cook.
    I raise my kids, cook and golf.  When work gets in the way I'm pissed, I'm pissed off 48 weeks a year.
    Inbetween Iowa and Colorado, not close to anything remotely entertaining outside of football season. 
    ·
  • R2Egg2QR2Egg2Q Posts: 1,652
    Nicely done Hap! =D>
    XL, Large, Small, Mini Eggs
    Bay Area, CA
    ·
  • hapster said:
    Here's a few... Turned out the best one I've done so far.  image
    Nice looking Plate Hap, have another Double Oak and let it sink in
    LBGE
    Go Dawgs! - Marietta, GA
    ·
  • CANMAN1976CANMAN1976 Posts: 1,558
    Looks good Hap...really nice smoke ring you got there.I could handle a few bites of that for sure.
    <:-P
    Hows ya gettin' on, me ol ****

Kippens.Newfoundland and Labrador. (Canada).
    ·
  • looks incredable hapster, I have a shoulder to do next weekend, will be looking for a few answers/support on that one, then i have a few briskets in the freezer waiting for the egg. I hope they may turn out as good as yours did.
    County of Parkland, Alberta, Canada
    ·
  • Nice cook Hap!  Your inspiring me to do a briskie!

........................................................................................

Flint, Michigan.  Named the most dangerous city in America by the F.B.I. three years running.

We invented the U.A.W. and carjacking!

·
    mb99zz said:
    Hapster -- I just looked at your blog which led me to your pics.  Really good stuff.  
    Thanks... I am little behind in my blogging; work has gotten a little in the way. I have all of the pics just need to get the posts together... Hopefully I'll make up some ground this week.
    ·
    Thanks everyone... the brisket was very tender (I think this might be the first one that I sliced just right as well); though it was a little on the drier side, at least in the flat. I will have to see when I reheat it today how the point turned out. The flavor was great, not sure how much the injecting helped with that, but it didn't hurt it I guess
    ·