Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Looking forward to a delicious Christmas dinner? Keep our Holiday Entertaining Publication handy throughout December for all your holiday dinner needs. But you can also find some of our favorites on our Country Christmas page, including Christmas Ham and Peach Cobbler. Happy cooking!

The 17th Annual EGGtoberfest was amazing - here are the highlights Click Here

I finally nailed a brisket!!

CPARKTXCPARKTX Posts: 865
edited February 2013 in EggHead Forum
I've done a fair number of briskets on my offset smoker, and never come close to really good BBQ restaurant results. Did my first brisket on BGE today, and thanks to all the information on this forum really nailed it. It was literally falling apart as I lifted it. .

Started with a 7.5 Choice brisket; injected with beef bouillon and Worcestershire, rubbed with mustard, Dizzy Pig, salt, pepper and put in refrigerator for 36 hours.

Threw on Egg this morning at 5:30, 275-285 grate, and cooked until 160 internal. Then went with Travis method and put in foil pan with two bottles of Claude's and two Abita Amber, continued to cook until internal 195-205 (depending on location). Pulled off and wrapped foil pan with brisket and juice, covered, and let sit three hours. Total cook time 9 hours plus 2 hours foiled in juices.

Turned out fork tender and super moist. Good smoke ring and pretty good bark (not soggy at all). The middle maybe quarter was drier and not as tender...not sure if it was the particular cut or if I pulled a little too soon. Overall very pleased, easily the best brisket I've ever done.
LBGE & SBGE.  Central Texas.  

Comments