Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
National BBQ Month sure was tasty! We hope you got to try just as many new BBQ recipes as we did and some old favorites as well. If not, you can find all our BBQ recipes here and try them out all summer long. One of our favorites was Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise and Ted Reader’s Rum Injected Sweet Potatoes. As the weather’s heating up, use your EGG for a cool treat-Ice Cream Sandwiches! Keep an eye out for some Father’s Day recipes from chefs & their dads, coming soon!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Pizza setup question

First pizza attempt tonight and I'm thinking PS legs up, then grate, then upside down tin 13x9 baking dish, then stone.  Anyone foresee a problem with this.  Mostly wondering about the pan.  It's a 2" deep standard baking pan.  Surely it's okay in upwards of 700º??
XLBGE- Anchorage, AK
·

Comments

• You should be fine. I find that my results have been better with platesetter legs down. Good luck. We just did 2 pies tonight. One was pulled pork pizza and the other a mushroom, pepperoni, cheese, peppers and onions. They were fantastic.
    Mark Annville, PA
    ·
  • Sounds like a doable deal to me. Been there, done that. Enjoy!
    ·
  • flemsterflemster Posts: 258
    I go high in the dome, no plate setter, stone on the rig extender.  I kept frying my gasket with legs down on the PS.  Picture below.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------

Keywords: Gator, Nashvegas, LBGE, Looftlighter, Thermapen in Racing Green (faster than the red one!), PSWOO2, Spider with CI, IQ120
    ·