Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s that time of year again-time to hop on out to your backyard for an EGG hunt. If you’re lucky, you’ll only have to search as far as your patio! Planning on cooking Easter Sunday? Check out our Easter Menu. If you’re looking for a sweet treat to enjoy with the whole family, try at least one of our sweet treats, if not both: Grilled Peeps & Carrot Cupcakes. Lastly, if you’re having company, our Pinterest page has lots of ideas for entertaining. We hope you have an EGGstra tasty holiday!

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Turbo Beef Ribs on the Mini

This is a first try. Turbo Beef Ribs and cooking on the Mini. Pulled membrane, coffee rub, mustard, rub and indirect on the Mini Woo. Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos Added cherry chips on at 350 for guessing 90 min. Hope it works.
Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

·

Comments

• R2Egg2QR2Egg2Q Posts: 1,652
    They'lll be good Mickey. I cooked a whole rack of beef back ribs in a partial low & slow, partial hot & fast on my Small recently and they were done in 2 hrs. They came out fine.
    XL, Large, Small, Mini Eggs
    Bay Area, CA
    ·
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 16,047
    This was much faster (will check temp) than expected. Glad I checked at 50 min it was done. Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos Very good. Will keep this.
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

·
  • SkinnyVSkinnyV Posts: 2,404
    Nice work , I've done short.. full beef next.
    Seattle, WA
    ·
  • Were those the cyro wrapped or fresh from butcher. Looks great!!
    Joe
    ·
    Fresh, they had just cut the rib eyes off.

·
  • Nice !
    ·
  • calikingcaliking Posts: 6,609
    Those beef ribs look amazing. Currently pondering whether I should get a small or a mini, but posts like this make me think a mini may be in my future.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
    ·
  • njlnjl Posts: 795
    How do you tell when these are done?
    ·
    njl said:
    How do you tell when these are done?

Not sure why I opened at 50 min. Almost over cooked. I went off the pullback. These would have been over cooked at 60 to 70 min.

·
  • GriffinGriffin Posts: 6,757
    Beautiliciousness!!

Richardson, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

·
  • BrownieBrownie Posts: 1,022
    Looks great! I think I need a mini.
    ·