Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Get ready to turn up the heat as we dive into August. While there are only a few weeks left to perfect those tailgate recipes, summer isn’t over yet! Two things we’ll be making this month are Chile Rubbed Grilled Pork Chops and Bell Pepper Kabobs. Then, relax after a cookout with a cool dessert cooked on your EGG - Ice Cream Sandwiches! You can mix and match your favorite cookie flavors with ice cream flavors. Simple, yet delicious!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Jalapeno's with Bacon and Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough

Forgot to take pics but cooked a dozen peppers wrapped with bacon and stuffed with chocolate chip cookie dough for Super Bowl.  Also did some with creamed cheese with minced garlic and minced onion.  All turned out great.  When people learned what was in the peppers, the concensus was "Wow, what an interesting mix of flavors."  That's good...I think. 

Ernie McClain

Scottsbluff, Nebraska

(in the extreme western panhandle of NE)

Comments

• EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 11,428
    What were they like? Salty, hot, sweet, butterscotch, chocolate all in one?
  • lousubcaplousubcap Posts: 6,715
    Dang-that might be the best combo I've seen in ABT's-and I thought beer and chocolate chip cookies were the breakfast of champions!
    Louisville   L & S BGEs 
  • hapsterhapster Posts: 7,059
    That sounds like it could be a winner... Too bad it's all made up in your head; seeing how you don't have any pictures to back it up

;)

Does sound good, pictures or no... Will have give that a shot. I've had dark chocolate flavored with cayenne pepper and it was pretty good.
  • I read here someone made them at the Plano Eggfest last fall.  I bought the BGE pepper roasting tray with the coreing tool.  Cut the tops off the peppers, cored, the took the dough and rolled a piece between my hand and the countertop to make it snake shaped.  Took a piece of dough the put in the pepper then applied the bacon and a toothpick. 

It is like the dark chocolate/cayanne pepper.

Ernie McClain

Scottsbluff, Nebraska

(in the extreme western panhandle of NE)

• hapsterhapster Posts: 7,059
    Now I have to try it!!!
  • ChubbsChubbs Posts: 5,476
    I want to see and hear more about these.
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • SteveWPBFLSteveWPBFL Posts: 1,284
    Giada puts red pepper into her chocolate desserts to give them 'a little bite'. I'm seeing a little marketing window here for Godiva! Ladies, get Jalepeno Truffels (for the man in your life, of course!).

• Interesting!  I'd love to try that!
    I'm Kristi ~ Live in FL ~ BGE since 2003.
    I write about food & travel on Necessary Indulgences -
    You can find me on Facebook & Instagram, too!