Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Hop on down to your nearest EGG dealer this week to pick up some Easter EGGcessories! Here are a few that may be useful for Easter, the V-rack, electric charcoal lighter and flexible skewers! Now that Spring is in the air, it's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Breaking in the BGE in the Caribbean

The wife and I just got back from visiting our friends in the tropics.  We have gone down there a few times now and were excited upon arriving this trip to see a new BGE on the back porch of the condo.  Not a bad way to break it in!  We did the lobster two ways.. butterfly and steakhouse style both under direct heat.  I don't think you can go wrong either way.  

I will say most people will cook the lobster meat side up when grilling.  A good way to try is to cook with the meat side down for the first 1-2 minutes then flip and finish with the meat side up.  This does not dry lobster out but instead helps sear and cook faster.  I cover the tail lightly in olive oil before placing on the grill, once I flip to meat side up I add a cube of butter on top to finish.

Comments